iKamand v2

John Setzler

6 minutes ago, T Yelta said:

They definitely changed the back side of the unit. There is a door or flap where there used to be just a fan. I wonder if they switched over to a blower instead of a fan.

Can anyone link to a list of changes?

it still has a fan in it.

Forgive me if I come off as ignorant or over the hill.  Does this v2 require an app and a wi if connection.? Is it possible to run it without a smartphone app and wi fi connection?  I don’t mind apps adding functionality, but imho I would prefer it still be usable in a vacuum. ( not a real vacuum....figurative)

22 minutes ago, prowe said:

Forgive me if I come off as ignorant or over the hill.  Does this v2 require an app and a wi if connection.? Is it possible to run it without a smartphone app and wi fi connection?  I don’t mind apps adding functionality, but imho I would prefer it still be usable in a vacuum. ( not a real vacuum....figurative)

Yes... this one requires control by a smart device and must have a wifi connection.  There will come a time when you will be able to control it without it being connected to wifi, but that will still require a smart device to connect to it directly via its own wifi connection.  IUf you want a controller that can operate totally independent of smart devices / wifi control, I would recommend having a look at the new Flame Boss 500 that is getting ready to roll out any day now.  It will do that but it can be controlled via smart device / wifi as well.

13 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

Yes... this one requires control by a smart device and must have a wifi connection.  There will come a time when you will be able to control it without it being connected to wifi, but that will still require a smart device to connect to it directly via its own wifi connection.  IUf you want a controller that can operate totally independent of smart devices / wifi control, I would recommend having a look at the new Flame Boss 500 that is getting ready to roll out any day now.  It will do that but it can be controlled via smart device / wifi as well.

Thanks brother!

gotta say I was a little embarrassed asking the question. Thanks for a clear answer.!   Appreciate all and everything you do my man! 

On 2/13/2019 at 6:57 PM, John Setzler said:

Did anyone receive V2 test units ahead of the release? 

52 minutes ago, Golf Griller said:

As I was watching this video, a thought popped up in my mind -- Does the fan from the ikamand blow ash up into the area where you are cooking?

I suppose it could if there is enough ash there.. i have never noticed it happening.

1 hour ago, Golf Griller said:

As I was watching this video, a thought popped up in my mind -- Does the fan from the ikamand blow ash up into the area where you are cooking?

It’s usually a good idea to throughly clean any old ash in a Kamado before adding any controller.

A CyberQ will kick-up ash too if you have too much ash left in the Firebox.