John Setzler

iKamand v2

UPDATE!!! 

A new firmware was just rolled out on 8 July and it makes A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. 

Just like in my pages long feedback I now see fan percentages below 44%, better sampling rate and even when it hits target temperature it gives a “shot” of air every few seconds to keep the fire from going out! Update your firmware and close the bottom vent all the way now. I’ll continue to monitor but so far I’ve only seen +/- 3 degree swings. Incredible improvement!!

4 hours ago, BattleBrisket said:

UPDATE!!! 

A new firmware was just rolled out on 8 July and it makes A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. 

Just like in my pages long feedback I now see fan percentages below 44%, better sampling rate and even when it hits target temperature it gives a “shot” of air every few seconds to keep the fire from going out! Update your firmware and close the bottom vent all the way now. I’ll continue to monitor but so far I’ve only seen +/- 3 degree swings. Incredible improvement!!

That’s to be expected.  The first few generations of the BBQ Guru’s went through the same growing pains.

It’s good to hear the iKamand is finally coming into it’s own.

On 7/12/2019 at 6:53 PM, BattleBrisket said:

UPDATE!!! 

Has it been consistent?  

Any update on the availability of additional probes to make use of the other available ports? 

I'm in the market for a controller to use primarily during longer and/or overnight cooks. Ideally I'd like to have at least two probes available for meat. 

26 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Any update on the availability of additional probes to make use of the other available ports? 

I'm in the market for a controller to use primarily during longer and/or overnight cooks. Ideally I'd like to have at least two probes available for meat. 

I have heard rumors of soon really soon.  

40 minutes ago, Dave W said:

20190815_125745.jpg

They are coming really soon.  I have a set in my grubby little hands right now.

Hello new here, I have a classic 3 and iKamand 2. I’ve done 5 long and slow cooks 15 hours+ and was wondering what kind of temp swings your getting? Mine are +10 degrees at 225. Bottom all the way shut and top barley open. Also was wondering on how much the fan usually runs for y’all.

3 hours ago, Bpietro said:

Hello new here, I have a classic 3 and iKamand 2. I’ve done 5 long and slow cooks 15 hours+ and was wondering what kind of temp swings your getting? Mine are +10 degrees at 225. Bottom all the way shut and top barley open. Also was wondering on how much the fan usually runs for y’all.

have you run the update for the latest firmware?  

I updated before this cook going on tonight. It’s riding perfectly on 225 now. Can’t wait to order more probes when they come out. Also is there a way to scroll on the graphs on the IKamand app? Seems like I can only see the beginning of the cook

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Bpietro said:

I updated before this cook going on tonight. It’s riding perfectly on 225 now. Can’t wait to order more probes when they come out. Also is there a way to scroll on the graphs on the IKamand app? Seems like I can only see the beginning of the cook

Thanks!

The latest set of firmware updates corrected most of the minor temperature fluctuation issues.  I'm not sure I understand the question about scrolling the graphs.  The entire graph is visible on the iKamand screen.  It compresses and fits itself on a single screen.

7 hours ago, John Setzler said:

The latest set of firmware updates corrected most of the minor temperature fluctuation issues.  I'm not sure I understand the question about scrolling the graphs.  The entire graph is visible on the iKamand screen.  It compresses and fits itself on a single screen.

Yeah it makes a tremendous difference, grill has been chugging along at 225 since yesterday afternoon dead on 225 +/- 2 degrees. Ok that makes sense, the time at the bottom right of the graph is never around the current time so it has me questioning it. Thanks for all the help John!