Cyber Q Party Q

2 Plate Lifters

Divide and Conquer System

CI grates

Standard grates

CI Half Moon Griddle

Half Moon Soapstone

Stainless Steel Veggie Grate

Smokeware Cap (also have original KJ cap)

Kick Ash Basket

2 side shelves and stand with casters

Selling everything together for $1400

I live in Southern Maryland, about 40 minutes east of Washington, DC. You'll have to come pick it up!

On 3/21/2019 at 7:25 AM, freddyjbbq said:

Hope you got a great price, it’s an awesome grill (mine are black)

did you downsize kamado or change change to another cooker type? 

I still have my KJ Jr which was seeing the majority of my cooks. I’ve decided to give pellet smoking a try, will be ordering a MAK grill soon. 

11 hours ago, WBDubya said:

I still have my KJ Jr which was seeing the majority of my cooks. I’ve decided to give pellet smoking a try, will be ordering a MAK grill soon. 

Seems a lot of folks are trying out the pellets, MAK has a loyal following, think that you’ll love it!! 

I've been messing with pellets for 8 years.  IMO the MAK, Memphis and Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500/1000 are the top three pellet pits (you can arrange the order in any way that suits you).  The MAK, when equipped with the side cabinet, is, by far, the best at cold smoking.

My opinions may soon change, tho'.  Memphis has moved production to China and the MAK web site shows the One and Two-Star Generals out of stock with a note that says something like, Watch for changes.  That's ominous.

2 hours ago, pmillen said:

I've been messing with pellets for 8 years.  IMO the MAK, Memphis and Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500/1000 are the top three pellet pits (you can arrange the order in any way that suits you).  The MAK, when equipped with the side cabinet, is, by far, the best at cold smoking.

My opinions may soon change, tho'.  Memphis has moved production to China and the MAK web site shows the One and Two-Star Generals out of stock with a note that says something like, Watch for changes.  That's ominous.

Do you have all those pellet cookers you have mentioned?

1 hour ago, Stile 88 said:

Do you have all those pellet cookers you have mentioned?

No, I only have one of them.  I’m lucky.  I’ve been able to observe food cooked on many pellet pits.  From those observations and tasting food from some of them I picked the three that I think are best.

I’ve owned three pellet units and only have one now, a PG500.  One of its selling points is the direct grilling area which I’ve used a few times. I prefer to grill over charcoal.

I’ve had similar exposure to kamado grills and charcoal grills.  I chose the Kamado Joe, Big Joe ten months ago and am now thinking of trading my Weber kettle for a PK.

New model info below!

Here’s a list of what’s new on the 2019 MAK 2 Star:
-Roaming thermocouple. 
-Increased cooking capacity with 2 extra slide-in grates (great for things like jerky). 
**this is the only thing that will not be retrofittable because of all the additional hardware that would be required. 
-K-style meat probes. 
-Updated firmware version for the Pellet Boss controller.
-Heat governor set from 500* to 600*. 
-Updated controller and firmware. 
-Grease overflow port. 
-Changed a few design issues to make it easier to clean.