Sign in to follow this  
mslagle

Top Sirloin Steaks & Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Quick dinner tonight before the family heads south for a week of vacation. Seasoned two top sirloin steaks with Oakridge BBQ Carne Crusta rub and then grilled them on the Kamado Joe. Once the steaks were seared on one side I added a thyme, garlic, and rosemary compound butter to each steak. Pulled the steaks when they were at 135 degrees internal. As a side I roasted some fingerling potatoes in the cast iron skillet with oil, shallots, and garlic. Everything turned out great! Now it’s time for some rest and relaxation at the beach. 

65480527-F5F9-492E-ACD5-6B99438C3331.jpeg

218738A1-2279-4592-A53F-F97B3CF616D8.jpeg

69D6C39E-2595-47A6-B6D3-70E070CEF9B2.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GrillDawg
      Having some guys over on Sunday evening to hang out and I'm wanting to get them all steaks. Would prefer to do some kind of reverse sear.

Since I won't be able to fit them all on the grill, I was thinking put them all in the oven to temp and then sear them. 

Anyone see a flaw in my plan? Any advice on grilling 10-12 steaks on a KJ Classic II?
    • By Smokingdadbbq
      This was unexpected, on Saturday  a grocery store had Tomahawks in for $16/lbs vs 28 at my local butcher so I thought I would give them a try. 

I used the Jess Pryles dry brine method (link) and left them uncovered in the fridge for three days flipping and drying once a day before cooking last night when I seasoned them with hardcore carnivores black rub

set the egg up for a reverse sear and eventually sliced into pure magic. Easily top 3 ever which was unexpected given their grocery store pedigree 

• By DaveBevan
      Hi,

Has anyone tried cooking a tomahawk steak in the joe jr.  Cooking area of 13" enough for the steak and the bone?  

if it's not an option ... then my next step is to move up to a classic.

If yes - please give me your thoughts on how you approached it.

Thanks,
    • By DerHusker
      So one of my local markets had Rib Roasts on sale. I decided pick one up and cut some Ribeye Steaks off it.

I unwrapped it and cut the twine holding on the bones

and removed them.

I cut 3 2” steaks and the end piece ended up at approximately 1.5”. (I chose the second one from the right to cook)

I seasoned it with some Primo Chicago Stockyard Dry Rub. I wrapped this in plastic wrap and let it rest for 4 hours.

I had made a fire using some almond wood in our fire pit. After it was nice and hot I placed the steak over the flames.

After approximately 1.5 minutes I flipped it.

After another 1.5 minutes I moved over to the other side of the grill an let it come up to an IT of 130 degrees. I then brought it inside and let it rest on the counter for 8 minutes.

I then sliced it in half.

I then sliced it into approximately 3/8” slices and plated it up with some asparagus, a baked potato and a Stone Coffee Milk Stout.

It was delicious.

Thanks for looking.
    • By Tim$BudgetBBQ
      Got some steak on clearance at Walmart. They had put some seasoning on the NY strip steaks that tastes like fajita meat. I cooked them up to 135 degrees using my indirect heat shield I designed and had a friend build for me. I finished the sear on the steaks using a piece of 1/4" plate steel I had custom cut at a fabrication shop. I bought the shrimp at Sams already on the skewers. I seasoned them with Slap Ya Momma Cajun seasoning and cooked them 4 minutes, 2 on each side, on the same plate steel. The steak came out medium to well (my smoking hot wife doesnt like medium rare) and the shrimp was on target.