keeperovdeflame

Cheap Dough Proof Box

I am going to make a couple pies tomorrow so I made some dough this afternoon while watching the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament. I made three Ken Forkish dough balls and as I shaped them and put them in the fridge for the 2nd fermentation, I thought it might be helpful to some to share my "ultra high tech custom  dough proof box" (NOT). Actually, I use one of those throw away thin Zip Lock food boxes you can find next to the Zip Lock storage bags in the market. I think they came in a package of three for pretty cheap. I use a size large,  and  put a small squirt of olive oil on the bottom and then rub it over the surface of the bottom and sides. Drop the dough balls in,  seal the lid, and pop it in the fridge until I make the pies tomorrow. I find it works extremely well. Ken's book says to use a dinner plate for the three balls  and cover the dough with cling wrap, but that always seemed to not seal as tightly or as firmly as I wanted it to. 

IMG_0326.thumb.jpg.eb1e451488e280a9a6e039425bba7ff6.jpg

IMG_0327.thumb.jpg.ee5f55ea709bfc247e6d6b219597d895.jpg

1 hour ago, KismetKamado said:

Geez. Now I’m going to have to step up my game and get high tech as well.... ;)

Gotta step up quick girlfriend, probably cost you about 5 bucks for three of them. However once the craze gets out and catches on, they will put a fancy proof box logo on them and charge four times as much. :rofl: especially if BGE makes them.