Sign in to follow this  
Jose Andres Zapata

Anchovy and Mushroom Pizzas

Dough - Roberta's recipe from NYT website

Sauce - Homemade

Cheese - 4 Cheese Blend from Lucca's in San Francisco

The grill - Preheated to 725deg. Opening only dropped slightly below 700deg and recovered quickly. 3-5 min cooking time. The cheese was boiling and started to brown.... that is when I took them out.

Anchovy Pizza w 4 cheese blen.jpg

Mushroom_4cheese blend Pizza 2.jpg

Mushroom_4cheese blend Pizza.jpg

IMG_5348.jpeg

IMG_5347.jpeg

Beautiful pies, Jose. personally I would be all over both pies, my wife however can not see anchovies in any light other than bait and not for human consumption:) Although I do sneak them into sauces and gravy recipes with out her knowledge, anchovy fillets  pretty much melt with heat in a sauce or gravy. However, if she sees one, it's all over. At first I thought you had made one anchovy / mushroom pie which also sounds really good to me. 

keeperovdeflame, they are on mushroom and one anchovy. The anchovies came in a small jar and were not as strong as the ones in the pizza from our favorite local pizzeria. Those are usually a bit overpowering. These were much more subtle and delicious. The came in olive oil and wrappend around a caper each. I unrolled them from the capers and spread those around too.