GLOCKer

Cheeseburger Bobby's Bucket List Burger

I was trying to approximate the Bucket List Burger from Cheeseburger Bobby's.  I used the smash-burger technique for the patties and substituted smoked gouda for the cheese.  I was able to make a close approximation of the Cheeseburger Bobby's sauce too!  It was sooooooooo damn good!  The egg isn't burned by the way.  The pan got a little hot when I was melting butter for the egg and it colored the egg.

51737793_10161644754290107_4396404764150

I have never hd egg on a burgie, but that looks delish. Yolk enhances a lot of things, I just think I need to embrace it on something I’m not used to. I suspect I would love it. I hope you enjoyed it!

11 hours ago, prowe said:

I have never hd egg on a burgie, but that looks delish. Yolk enhances a lot of things, I just think I need to embrace it on something I’m not used to. I suspect I would love it. I hope you enjoyed it!

thats a mighty fine looking burger GLOCKer...

@prowe egg on a burger does add something... not sure what to call it, but its like a tasty 'glue' (to me anyway) that sticks to the 'meat' flavor...

i have always known a burger with an egg as a Texas Burger... though i have never HAD a 'Texas' burger IN Texas...

i think it is definitely something you should try... i have not found anything that comes close to the taste...

and NOW i want one... darn grill fetish

On 2/13/2019 at 7:01 AM, Smokey Sam said:

Good looking burger !!! Can you list the ingredients for the sauce? 

1/4 cup Mayo 

3 tbsp ketchup

pinch garlic powder

pinch onion powder

Several dashes Tabasco  Sauce(I used smoked chipotle)

fresh ground pepper to taste

Let it set up in the fridge to allow the flavors to meld! 

I remember years ago trying a burger with an egg on it and I was very dubious about it.  But damn if I didn't fall in love with the flavor.  And for some reason the addition of sriracha pushes that flavor combination over the top for me!

I've never tried a burger with egg on it but my son orders them from restaurants every chance he gets. 

Yours looks delicious. I'll have to try one some day.