Sign in to follow this  
Lowcountrygamecock

Pit Controller or DoJo?

My birthday is coming up and I'm torn on what to ask for from my lovely wife.  I had my eye on the original iKamand but backed off when i read the reviews.  Now that they seem to have resolved the issues i'm torn weather to go that route or go with the DoJo.  Not sure which one i would use more.  Any thoughts?  I know those are completely different options but looking for opinions.  I cook lots of low and slow cooks so the pit controller would be nice but i also like to cook pizza and i singed my eyebrows and arm hair on the last one i cooked.  

42 minutes ago, Lowcountrygamecock said:

Yes I have a Joetisserie. Thanks guys. I was leaning that way. Sounds like the way to go 

Third option....GrillGrates.  If ya don’t already have em, I mean.

I would go with the temp controller because I have a pretty decent pizza set-up. I just don’t see how a DoJo is going to improve my pizza much. However, I like the idea of being able to set a temp controller on a long cook and get a peaceful nights sleep. 

I would ask - How is your temperature control skills for long low-n-slow cooks? If you don't have any problems setting the vents and holding a low temp during a low-n-slow cook then a controller is a waste of money. If you need ease of mind past a temperature probe with alarm then your low-n-slow temperature control needs improving. 

If you have no problems with low-n-slow then I imagine the Do-Joe would be a lot more fun. 

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

I would ask - How is your temperature control skills for long low-n-slow cooks? If you don't have any problems setting the vents and holding a low temp during a low-n-slow cook then a controller is a waste of money. If you need ease of mind past a temperature probe with alarm then your low-n-slow temperature control needs improving. 

If you have no problems with low-n-slow then I imagine the Do-Joe would be a lot more fun. 

My pit controller has lived in its box for the last 12 months

Once i figured out how to set the vents and maintain temp it seemed pretty redundant

Yeah,  I have a Flame Boss 100. Yes 100. Use that on windy days.

No worries about it. The 100 has gone far beyond being the product tested by "crest of the wave buyers", at a retail price, process.

M.

M.