Smoke Ring Doesn’t Matter!!

freddyjbbq

13 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

They won't make a difference there but i swear i love the mildness of cherry. i normally cook with the B&B cherry/pecan/oak blend.

I was thinking same.   other day i watched a bunch of reruns of BBQ pitmasters on my IPTV stream and many of the cooks were saying they use cherry for color and smoke ring.   who knows but a local hardware store just started carrying traeger grills, pellets and gear so i might try a bag.

8 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

I was thinking same.   other day i watched a bunch of reruns of BBQ pitmasters on my IPTV stream and many of the cooks were saying they use cherry for color and smoke ring.   who knows but a local hardware store just started carrying traeger grills, pellets and gear so i might try a bag.

Cherry, especially pure cherry (which most pellets are not) does produce a burgundy color on poultry.  If you wanna try pure cherry pellets you might check to see if Lumberjack makes them.. I think they do....

• 1 month later...