Hinge bolts

Hinges bolts on my AKORN pulled out. I have had it for about 4 plus years.. In Louisiana on the lake, humidity is tough. I clean and have it covered on the deck with metal roof, but to no luck. The bolts and the receiver sleeves came out on the lower section... Anyone know of an easy fix.. Thinking JB weld or taking it to my welder's... Any input would be great... Only other problem I have is the cast iron grate cracked when heated to 700 plus to clean... This baby will put out some heat if you let it... Love this cooking system and would recommend to all.  The egg is just way to pricey for my humble budget .  enjoy the grill and any input would be great...

1 hour ago, PaPa Owl said:

Hinges bolts on my AKORN pulled out. I have had it for about 4 plus years.. In Louisiana on the lake, humidity is tough. I clean and have it covered on the deck with metal roof, but to no luck. The bolts and the receiver sleeves came out on the lower section... Anyone know of an easy fix.. Thinking JB weld or taking it to my welder's... Any input would be great... Only other problem I have is the cast iron grate cracked when heated to 700 plus to clean... This baby will put out some heat if you let it... Love this cooking system and would recommend to all.  The egg is just way to pricey for my humble budget .  enjoy the grill and any input would be great...

Four plus years of high humidity I would say you got your money's worth. Akorns were never built to last forever. Time to move on. Ceramic Akorn, vision or KJ roadshow.........just sayin :)

I had the same happen to my Akorn a few years ago, and replaced the pulled out rivnuts pretty easily.  I picked up a rivnut tool at Harbor Freight for about $13 and made the repair in an hour or so.  If you search the forum, I posted pics and all the details.

Paul