keeperovdeflame

Just so ya all know it actually snows in Arizona

Yes it does actually snow here:) Certainly not as much as you folks get in the MidWest, East, and Canada, but remember this is the land of sunshine and cactus and date palms. This was a particularly large storm for us dropping somewhere close to 20". The bad news for you folks in the middle and on the East coast is that I understand as this storm leaves us it is headed across the country. This is the most snow we have had in a while so this is probably the strongest storm I have seen since we moved here about 10 years ago. 

This is my normal cooking spot, if you have seen my cooking posts, they look a lot different than this. 

IMG_0340.thumb.jpg.f2cc2e368e2cdd9632a789120d9e7170.jpg

This little bugger is a God Send for sure, saves the old man's back.

1940843848_IMG_03442.thumb.jpg.d59897ff9fbb14071f0b0c55bed6f807.jpg

The driveway seems to get longer and wider every year, this is actually my second plowing of the drive way it took off about 6 to 8 inches yesterday as well 

57254612223__68A94413-14AE-4FFB-9B85-A81408416E84.thumb.jpg.bbb1cf88c6fae19079286ea44bdfb547.jpg

57254617813__8C276989-A27A-421F-9D52-54974C3B6858.thumb.jpg.23ba13ee917a64c240e6cb56da57d32c.jpg

It actually snowed in TUCSON this morning!!!  About 1" of the heavy white stuff.

I've lived here since 1991, and this is only the third time I've seen the white stuff.  Not that I miss it at all.  It's normally 65*-70* this time of year.

I think my dogs were afraid of it. :roll::roll:.  I had the devil of a time coaxing them outside to go potty.

We're in Phoenix and we had plenty of rain but no snow. It increased the pool level by more

than an inch or so. I vaguely remember what a snow blower is. LOL! Haven't used one since moving

here from the Midwest over 40 years ago. I've seen where Tucson occasionally gets a dusting of snow

but not any notable accumulation. Hope all who are hit by the storm stay safe and warm.

2 hours ago, lunchman said:

Wow, I would think the first thing I'd sell would be my snowblower if I were to move to AZ from MA. Guess not. 

My neighbor just down the street moved here from Boston and said exactly that yesterday when I lent him mine to do his drive way. He said he sold his in Boston for $75 two days before he left, just to do someone a good turn and  get rid of it. He now wishes he hadn't done that. However, it depends on where in AZ you live. If you are on the desert floor down in Phoenix, Scotsdale,  Tucson,  and such, you not going to get consistent snow and when you do get it, it will a be a once in 10 to  20 year experience. I live at 5.800 ft in Prescott, Flagstaff is 7,000 something, and the White mountains up by the boarder with New Mexico are even higher and colder. The White Mountains actually get snow on a par with Colorado or Montana and measure it in feet not inches. All these places get a pretty consistent snow fall each Winter.  Definitely not what most people expect when they think of Arizona. 

We live at the 1200' level of the Cascades just east of Vancouver WA.  We've been snow inundated for the last 3 weeks.   If we were at the 1100' level we wouldn't have it.    I'm amazed at what 100' does.   

1 hour ago, BURGER MEISTER said:

We live at the 1200' level of the Cascades just east of Vancouver WA.  We've been snow inundated for the last 3 weeks.   If we were at the 1100' level we wouldn't have it.    I'm amazed at what 100' does.   

Yeah, I have found that true as well. The hill above my house crests at 6,000 ft and catches significantly more snow than we do just 200 ft down the hill. We still got about 20" though, which is more than we have ever received before in the 12 years we have lived here.