• Similar Content

• By burnt_ends
      Hi, I followed the steps in this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qm-nm4Z7wA&t=15s
      and I my brisket turned out dry and dense. I'm hoping you can tell me where I went wrong:
      - ~5.5 lbs (pre-trimmed) of Prime Angus grain fed brisket point from https://shalhoob.com/butcher-shop - trimmed as much of the silver skin off as I could - trimmed off hard fat and tried to leave 1/8" to 1/4" of fat - seasoned 24 hours prior to cook with 50/50 coarse black pepper and kosher salt - used Kamado Joe lump charcoal and two medium chucks of mesquite hardwood - ambient outside temperature was low-mid 80s - waited until grill came up to temp and smoke was mostly clear before putting meat on - put meat on fat side down - cooked in Classic III using sloroller, on the lower level rack - cooked with water pan on grill - used Thermopro two probe digital thermometer (1 probe at grill level, 1 probe in thickest part of brisket) - grill temp ranged between 245-270, but mostly 250-260 - took ~6.5 hrs to get to 170 internal temp - wrapped in foil at 172 - took ~1.5 hrs to get to 203  - at ~203 a wood shish kabob skewer did go through meat, but still felt a little resistance. At this point I pulled it b/c I was concerned about over cooking - kept in foil, wrapped in towel, put in cooler for 1.5 hrs
      The brisket had bark and a smoke ring. Pencil thin slice passed pull test. But it was dry and dense.  The attached photos are from the day after the cook and the meat is cold.

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks!!

• By GrillDawg
      Hey all!

New owner of a Kamado Joe. Been looking for a while but finally pulled the trigger with Atlanta Grilling Company's Father's Day sale. She arrived yesterday and still sitting in the garage as I need a couple buddies to come over to help move it out on the patio.

I love to grill but fairly new to the kamado scene. Any suggestions for a first cook?

Excited to be a part of this forum. Hoping to learn a lot!
    • By jayjay
      Howdy my fellow KJoe-ins, 
      Need all the beginner advice I can get from you guys. Keep em' coming.

Thanks
      - jay
    • By Smokingdadbbq
      This was unexpected, on Saturday  a grocery store had Tomahawks in for $16/lbs vs 28 at my local butcher so I thought I would give them a try. 

I used the Jess Pryles dry brine method (link) and left them uncovered in the fridge for three days flipping and drying once a day before cooking last night when I seasoned them with hardcore carnivores black rub

set the egg up for a reverse sear and eventually sliced into pure magic. Easily top 3 ever which was unexpected given their grocery store pedigree 

• By Smokingdadbbq
      Had a few people who follow my Instagram ask for more information on the table shown in some of my pictures. 

This is the cedar table work station I built to house my large and minimax big green eggs 

so far pretty happy with it