Sign in to follow this  
beerguy911

Primo XL firebox question?

Wondering if my firebox is breaking down at the two halves meet points. Not sure if this is natural what I am seeing or is there more going on that I should know about. The folks at Primo agree to send me out a new firebox at no charge (except for shipping cost) and this is all good but my greater concern is the fit of the fire box or something else that maybe come a recurring matter. I am attaching a couple pics to better describe what I am seeing. The other half section of the fire box looks straight as one would expect. The Primo XL is less than a year old. Not sure if cooking pizzas around 500 - 550 temp (fire box must be hotter) has something to do with the problem.

Thanks

Beerguy

Primo_1.jpg

Primo_2.jpg

Primo_3.jpg

Primo_4.jpg

Mine cracked in almost exactly the same place and in the same way.  Primo shipped me a replacement which has been sitting in the box for 4 years now.  I kept on cooking with the cracked one; it did not worsen or affect performance in any way.

I thought the KickAsh was supposed to help reduce the occurrence of the firebox cracking...

i just installed my KAB and have used it once... so i cannot tell if there is any difference in the overall performance... plus i am also new to ceramic cooking

i am interested to see how this turns out and i guess i should register mine so i can get the warranty

keep us posted please?

Thanks for the feedback. I might do the same a Jack did. Keep the replacement in the box for now and keep an eye on the one being used today. If it breaks apart much more than it has then I have one ready to replace.

My Firebox also cracked, Primo says it’s ok to use, But I did get the New Firebox under Warranty and the New Firebox has a Stress relief gap built in, Right up the front, So this should avoid any further issues with stress cracks.