40 g / 3 tbsp butter
      2 tbsp flour
      2 cups / 500 ml beef broth low sodium
      1 tbsp Dijon mustard
      150 ml / 2/3 cup sour cream
      Salt and pepper to taste
      Steps
       Step 1
      Use  rolling pin  to flatten the steaks. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice into strips.
       Step 2
      Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat. Spread the strips in the pan with tongs . Sear for 30 seconds on each side.  Quickly remove back onto the plate. Sear the beef in batches if needed.
       Step 3
      Turn heat down to medium high. Add butter, melt. Then add onions, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until golden. Scrape bottom of fry pan to get all the golden bits off. Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
       Step 4
      Add half the broth while stirring Add the rest of the broth. Stir, then add sour cream and mustard. Stir until combined.
       Step 5
      Simmer for 3-5 minutes, add more salt and pepper to taste.
       Step 6
      Add beef back in. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from stove immediately.
       Step 7
      Serve over egg noodles.
      Original recipe with pics and nutrition info you can find here: beefstroganoff Enjoy delicious and tasty beef!
    • By desertshore
      Hi everybody,
      I am a kamado quasi-neophyte (I've got a Monolith junior since last August), and after some experience with shorter cooks (chicken; ribs) I wanted to enroll into Brisket Academy. Unfortunately, it seems that I have failed the entry exam, as I couldn't explain to my butcher what I needed.
      In the end, I was talked into buying something that definitvely does not look like brisket to me, and I don't know how to cook. It seems something I would braise or boil, but according to the butcher I can cut it into strips and make 'asado'. It is boneless (but has some hard cartilage).

Apart for the idea of slicing strips and grilling them (that's not what I wanted), what could I do with this chunk of meat? How would you call it in English?

Thank you a lot!

• By elbatiger
      Ok folks I'm up against the wall. Tomorrow is our family reunion I had planned to cook - smoke two tri-tips, my butcher let me down... so I guess it will be pork again this year and be up half the night. Anyone have suggestions for beef that is comparable to tri-tip in tast, tenderness and time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ronny

• By Marbque
      Spent some time yesterday with just the wife and I making some beef ribs on out stickburner, first time in forever that we have not had to cook for an event, so it was nice to just be able to have some hot dogs for appetizer while waiting on these beef ribs. Hope everyone’s Sunday is enjoyable and relaxing enjoy

572E25BB-1878-40D9-8700-82BD2C854DE1.MOV

• By Donnie
      I need your help! I have been doing tons of research and I am down to either the XL Big Green Egg for $1,024 at my local dealer or the Kamado Joe Big Joe for $1,800. I know I would need to spend another $500 ish dollars for accessories for the BGE but it is still overall cheaper. The main thing I like about the Kamado Joe is the upgraded gasket, it seems like such a pain to worry about the felt gasket (maybe it's not that bad). The other features of the Kamado Joe are nice, but not that important to me like the ash tray and the air lift dome. I would love to hear your thought from both sides to try and help me decide. I really appreciate your help as I am excited to replace my pellet smoker and finally play with real fire!