Sign in to follow this  
O C

New Traeger Pro D2 575

I bought a new Traeger Pro D2 575. Much happier with it so far than I was with the Davy Crockett. Not without its own issues, but so far the pros outweigh any cons.

I added a bottom shelf and a cutting board on the hopper and some magnetic hooks. May end up buying a front shelf if I can't come up with a DIY one (I think the stock shelf is overpriced). But I also have the rolling microwave cart I was using for the Davy Crockett available now.

Good sturdy construction, easy assembly. Wifi connection is superb. Love having the hopper cleanout feature.

Traeger3319_1.thumb.jpg.780825731a9a6e6127ceb9820269a508.jpg

Plenty of room! I was cooking two meals Sunday, some chicken breasts and mushrooms for a lasagne for that night, and some chicken thighs for making chili Tuesday night.

Traeger3319_2.thumb.jpg.58a1ecb78a81a3faf20a31109174bad6.jpg

Lasagne on at 350 degrees. But the grill reads too high. When it says 350, its more like 300. But, at least it is consistently inaccurate, so I just set 50 degrees higher. It holds a very stable temp.

Traeger3319_3.thumb.jpg.08f87be3fb4efb8d87f3bc60e7d1d516.jpg

It turned out pretty good :) Had the garlic bread on the grill too. I think I'll be much happier with the size of this grill.

Traeger3319_4.thumb.jpg.767d4434553b1a695f6471094fac0eee.jpg

13 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Looks great. I had not seen that model yet. 

technically hasnt been released yet.

19 hours ago, O C said:

I bought a new Traeger Pro D2 575. Much happier with it so far than I was with the Davy Crockett. Not without its own issues, but so far the pros outweigh any cons.

I added a bottom shelf and a cutting board on the hopper and some magnetic hooks. May end up buying a front shelf if I can't come up with a DIY one (I think the stock shelf is overpriced). But I also have the rolling microwave cart I was using for the Davy Crockett available now.

Good sturdy construction, easy assembly. Wifi connection is superb. Love having the hopper cleanout feature.

Plenty of room! I was cooking two meals Sunday, some chicken breasts and mushrooms for a lasagne for that night, and some chicken thighs for making chili Tuesday night.

Lasagne on at 350 degrees. But the grill reads too high. When it says 350, its more like 300. But, at least it is consistently inaccurate, so I just set 50 degrees higher. It holds a very stable temp.

It turned out pretty good :) Had the garlic bread on the grill too. I think I'll be much happier with the size of this grill.

Love it and your Lasagna (and other food) looks Awesome!!  How did you even get that?  its not on traegers website yet, Nice 

Home Depot has had them available for the past couple of weeks (ahead of schedule I believe :) ) the Traeger website indicates the announcement of the grills is coming Mar 15. But they don't even show up in HDs website either! Had to call several stores to find one still in a box so I could get it home, most of them were already built.

9 minutes ago, O C said:

Home Depot has had them available for the past couple of weeks (ahead of schedule I believe :) ) the Traeger website indicates the announcement of the grills is coming Mar 15. But they don't even show up in HDs website either! Had to call several stores to find one still in a box so I could get it home, most of them were already built.

its a beauty, good luck with it.  have you used the wifire app yet?

i posted a brisket point that we did on Sunday; used the wifire app, went to movies, shopping, etc, worked like a charm.  

1 minute ago, freddyjbbq said:

its a beauty, good luck with it.  have you used the wifire app yet?

i posted a brisket point that we did on Sunday; used the wifire app, went to movies, shopping, etc, worked like a charm.  

I've used the app but just here at home to monitor. The wifi is working great. Do you have to do anything different for remote monitoring? The GMG app had a 'server mode' that you could activate for remote access, but I don't see anything like that on the Traeger app. Does it just handle it automatically when you go out of your home wifi range?

that is interesting looks like the timberline without the insulation has me wondering why they are not insulating the new grills like they do with 850  and 1300 .. looks great though and the cooks look fantastic

19 hours ago, O C said:

I've used the app but just here at home to monitor. The wifi is working great. Do you have to do anything different for remote monitoring? The GMG app had a 'server mode' that you could activate for remote access, but I don't see anything like that on the Traeger app. Does it just handle it automatically when you go out of your home wifi range?

Nope! dont have to do anything different.

Yes!  everything is automatic , there is no out of range with the traeger app on your cell phone with active cell service, its wicked cool

2 hours ago, Stile 88 said:

that is interesting looks like the timberline without the insulation has me wondering why they are not insulating the new grills like they do with 850  and 1300 .. looks great though and the cooks look fantastic

I think its just a matter of having a range of price points.

They've added 4 new models, all with wifire. They haven't officially released info yet, but you can see them on the manuals page on the traeger site: https://www.traegergrills.com/support/manuals

From what I have read,:

Timberlines: essentially same as before, maybe new auger and controller? I've read somewhere that price is going up but I haven't seen any new pricing. 

Ironwoods: are one step down from timberline. Lose the front shelf and side cutting board, and only sides are doublewall. +/- 10 degrees. Only two racks, porcelain coated not stainless. Still has downdraft venting? New auger and wifire controller.

New pro series: lose the side shelf, not downdraft vented, not double walled, +/-15 degrees. New auger and wifire controller but no supersmoke setting.

There may be some other details here and there but from what I can tell those are the main points.

Edited by O C