Sign in to follow this  
Thunder77

New Territory for Me...

Well I just happened to be perusing craigslist yesterday, and just accidentally started searching for charcoal grills. Well, lo and behold, what is available but a Primo Junior, with a custom-built table!

For $100! I emailed the seller, because I was certain the price was a mistake. Well, it was NOT a mistake, and yesterday evening I purchased the Junior and table!! I'm finally going ceramic. I have to wait until Friday to pick it up, when I have some help. It needs a cleaning, and I will have to buy the deflector for it, but heck, the table alone is worth some money! I can't wait to get started with this Primo. :-D

I will post pics after I get it on Friday.  I have now entered "Here there be dragons" territory. :-o

Wow! What an awesome deal. I paid considerably more for my new Primo oval Jr. I wouldn't worry about the deflectors I think I've used mine once and only used one 1/2 deflector. I feel they are a little too big and restrictive. Instead I use an aluminum 1/4 sheet cake pan. Fits down on the deflector rack perfectly and gives you good coverage without being too restrictive. I currently have 4 kamados and use the oval Jr to cook side dishes once or twice a week. 

13 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Great find, look forward to seeing/hearing about your adventures with the Jr.

You have a Primo Jr, don't you? I might be looking to you for tips. :)

10 hours ago, Thunder77 said:

The Junior I found has the older style top vent without the daisy wheel. Is this a big handicap, or is it workable?

Nothing wrong with it at all, in fact when I bought my oval xl I tried to buy the old style top without the Daisy wheel just for the simplicity.  They don't sell them any longer.  I never use the Daisy wheel.

You have a Primo Jr, don't you? I might be looking to you for tips. :)

Yes I do.

The Junior I found has the older style top vent without the daisy wheel. Is this a big handicap, or is it workable?

Mine has the same vent, I've found it to be of no issue.  I do use a controller on mine a majority of the time. 

13 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Yes I do.

Mine has the same vent, I've found it to be of no issue.  I do use a controller on mine a majority of the time. 

Which controller do you use?