Elbertohokie

Kamado Joe Classic II arrived

4 minutes ago, hillbillyben said:

Bobby didn’t tell you?!   It’s the all natural version for 2019 the Kamado Pro Jr.  “When your so good you don’t even need a thermometer”

Wait a minute. We actually had a personal kind of challange (from John) on kamado guru about that. Can you successfully cook a Boston Butt (pulled pork) without using any type of thermometer. No dome thermometer, no grate probe, no meat probe, no instant read, nothing! It  was all about knowing your kamado and vent settings and being able to tell when a Boston Butt was tender without using a thermometer. 

A few of us (myself included) took that challange and had successfull cooks. For me it was one of the best challenges we have had on here to date. 

Ha, that’s awesome!  I think I might prefer that. Lol. Im Laughing, but in a way I am serious at the same time. Kind of cool.

get a maverick and don’t look back.

i would swap lids with ya no prob buddy!

33 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

@Elbertohokie i am curious to hear what kj suggests on this...

Just sent them my receipt.  They asked if I'd contacted my dealer(Amazon).  I hadn't because I don't really think this is a dealer issue.  

If they suggest I get out a drill and a 1/4" bit, I may get a little upset.  

Now she's asking me to send a photo of myself with a measuring tape across the bottom of the dome...

Shouldn't all domes be the same size?  She has my receipt which says I bought a Classic II.  I'm puzzled.  

EDIT:  She replied that different manufacturers make their ceramic domes so sizes can vary.  Odd.  

5 minutes ago, Elbertohokie said:

Now she's asking me to send a photo of myself with a measuring tape across the bottom of the dome...

Shouldn't all domes be the same size?  She has my receipt which says I bought a Classic II.  I'm puzzled.  

Just a guess but...belt and suspenders.  There have been a few cases where a new dome did not perfectly match to the base, or vice versa. Hence the measurement request. 

3 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Just a guess but...belt and suspenders.  There have been a few cases where a new dome did not perfectly match to the base, or vice versa. Hence the measurement request. 

I'm not usually one to ask for free swag but after all this is done it'd be really nice of them to throw an accessory or something my way for all this trouble.  It looks like it will be a few weeks before I get the new one.  I'll have to rely on my other trusty thermometers.