pmillen

Is Wrapping with Aluminum Foil Advisable?

14 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

Do you believe that a galvanic reaction and aluminum leaching into the food is what happened?  Maybe I misunderstood your post when you said WILL ESTABLISH.  

:) Oh, John, here we go again.

What I wrote was, "but it appears that certain spices.."  I didn't write, "I think"  or "I'm convinced." 

EDIT:  But, to answer your question, yes, that's what I think happened.  It's also what researchers think happened.  They are also researching if it might be a health hazard.

Edited by pmillen

There are risks with anything in life you do and at the end of the day do what is best for you

if you dont like tin foil dont use it if you dont like using butcher paper dont use that either

there is a risk of breathing the air we breathe too .. anyway tin foil is really is a non factor

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

Diets high in saturated fats are KNOWN TO CAUSE significant health risks.  Why worry about the risks of wrapping that in aluminum foil?  It's about like worrying about the health risks of a foil wrapper in a pack of cigarettes.

Actually, there is also a lot FALSE evidence that diets high in saturated fats cause significant health risks.  The misinformation in our health system is staggering and money driven.

There is an increasing amount of research that diets high in PROCESSED foods and carbohydrates cause significant health risks.

This is an interesting listen/watch.  More about statins, but also talks fat etc.

https://youtu.be/uc1XsO3mxX8

53 minutes ago, SmallBBQr said:

Actually, there is also a lot FALSE evidence that diets high in saturated fats cause significant health risks.  The misinformation in our health system is staggering and money driven.

There is an increasing amount of research that diets high in PROCESSED foods and carbohydrates cause significant health risks.

This is an interesting listen/watch.  More about statins, but also talks fat etc.

https://youtu.be/uc1XsO3mxX8

Lol.

11 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

#4 I'd be more concerned with the staples your friend is using to seal up his butchers paper, as these are in no way rated for use in cooking and would contain trace amounts of chemicals from the manufacturing process

who uses staples on butcher paper????

I also love the misdirection from the simple question regarding aluminum to red herrings (other concerns that were not the focus of @pmillen's original topic.)

Edited by CentralTexBBQ