Been feeling the urge to make Pizza pretty strong over the last few weeks. While browsing BBQ goodies on line,  I saw this little fire accelerator. Made by a company called FiAir. Just a simple little battery powered fan that blows a gentle but quite consistent air current. I lit two fire cubes in a full load of lump, let them take, and then closed the lid. I pointed the FiAir fan at the fully open bottom vent with the top vent fully open as well. This little gizmo actually worked and raised my temp to 550 in about 20 min. Not as efficient or quick as the old hair dryers I have used before, but also did not blow as much ash up on to my stone as the stronger wattage hair dryer does. I will keep playing with it. It cost 20 something on Amazon. 

IMG_0355.thumb.jpg.b126d5c872a996b2f643f5eab63f074c.jpg

IMG_0358.thumb.jpg.973fe34fb576b3004443d8c721b27740.jpg 

Mushroom, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto.

IMG_0359.thumb.jpg.69e9f10314b80fcdec2340b91e51ce1f.jpg

Cherry Tomatoes, Basil, Tomatoe Paste, and Oregano.

IMG_0360.thumb.jpg.d6a92ed3efd345bca61451e64f843a8a.jpg

You will never catch me cooking a Pie without at least one IPA, heres today featured brew. This is "Fall Of Troy" from Belching Beaver out of Ocean Side Cali. Truly delicious stuff. First time I tried it, but I was confident because I have never had a beer from Belching Beaver I did not truly enjoy. Fall of Troy was reportedly a mistake during brewing, however the finished beer was so popular in the tasting room that it gained entry into to the Belching Beaver Hall of Shame.

IMG_0361.thumb.jpg.be35f6294622a52eeccfb03be0ae0a96.jpg

Isn’t technology grand!

Can’t get the Kamado up to temp quite fast enough with out a little help, but the other way is too fast, and blows ashes on my stone.

Talk about first world problems. :good:

3 hours ago, Never L8 4 chow said:

Talk about first world problems. :good:

Definitely, making a proper pizza is a weighty concern for sure. Right up there with Death and Taxes.  The quality of life drops quickly without quality pizza. What more can I say.

7 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

little bone to pick, maybe... When I read pies, I hurriedly scurried on over in hope of seeing cherry, peach, blackberry, sweet potato, perhaps pecan even. :-D

That said, the... "pies" look delicious!

Ahhhhhhhh, I see, but remember my friend, a proper  Pizza is a necessary element for life as we know it:rofl: