Sign in to follow this  
ckreef

Lloyd Pizza Pans

Some time ago I purchased a Lloyd Detroit Style Pizza Pan. It worked so well I decided to buy a few more Lloyd Pizza Pans. 

Lloyd Pans are made in the USA for the commercial pizza industry. They come in many different styles, lots of different sizes and in some cases different coatings. All my pans are hard anodized aluminum with the PSTK coating (Pre-Seasoned Tough-Kote). Although not fully non stick they are stick resistant for easy release. Some of the benefits of a Lloyd pan:

Easy Release so the pizza slides out without messing up the toppings. 

Easy cleanup, can almost just wipe them clean with a paper towel. 

Great heat conductor for even browning of the bottom crust. 

Metal utensil safe. 

A max working temperature of 750* (per their technical support) 

This is my current collection:

10"x14" Detroit Pan, 2.5" sides with 76* angle. 

12" diameter Chicago Deep Dish pan, 2" side with 76* angle. 

10"x14" Grandma Pan, 1" sides with 76* angle. 

Three 12" diameter Cutter pans,  .75" side with 63* angle. 

I am very excited to get these pans and have many tasty pizzas planned. I'm especially excited about the Grandma Pan as I think that will work well for a few other non pizza cooks. (Going to try a large piece of Steel Head Trout in it tonight). 

lloyd1.thumb.jpg.bdaa41934f04cbbf0b1e831f3bb215a5.jpg

lloyd2.thumb.jpg.f4f59e138499de885e2dcbce9c23cf8c.jpg

Dang! Nice investment in pizza tools!

im interested in that Grandma pan & pizzas next I think. 

What styles will you make in the cutter pans? I saw them on the site, wondering the application?

to anyone reading who likes to make pizzas, these pans are GREAT advice!  I

detroit style is simple to make, great reward for little effort.  Need a good pan though 

@freddyjbbq I'm going to try the King Arthur Artisan Dough in the cutter pans. I normally do those on parchment paper because it's a high hydration. Parchment sort of sucks in the WFO and I figured those cutter pans would be a good solution. If the weather would cooperate I could get on with it.

42 minutes ago, ckreef said:

@freddyjbbq I'm going to try the King Arthur Artisan Dough in the cutter pans. I normally do those on parchment paper because it's a high hydration. Parchment sort of sucks in the WFO and I figured those cutter pans would be a good solution. If the weather would cooperate I could get on with it.

Ok cool, I’ll be interested to see how it turns out 

I keep thinking about picking up one of these for Detroit style pizza.... But I can't really justify it because I have only made it 2 times.  I really like it but it's kind of an all day project and I feel like I'm running around all weekend.  (kind of literally) and so if I dedicate that much time to something I want lots of leftovers for lunches. 

3 minutes ago, shuley said:

I keep thinking about picking up one of these for Detroit style pizza.... But I can't really justify it because I have only made it 2 times.  I really like it but it's kind of an all day project and I feel like I'm running around all weekend.  (kind of literally) and so if I dedicate that much time to something I want lots of leftovers for lunches. 

Buy two pans. Double the pans, double the fun ;)  Or what I did last time was made a Detroit and a Chicago. BTW that 12" Chicago Deep Dish pan I bought is huge. I'll have to double my recipe for that pan. 

4 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Buy two pans. Double the pans, double the fun ;)  Or what I did last time was made a Detroit and a Chicago. BTW that 12" Chicago Deep Dish pan I bought is huge. I'll have to double my recipe for that pan. 

Do you use the same dough for both pizzas? My recipes are quite different. 

15 minutes ago, shuley said:

Do you use the same dough for both pizzas? My recipes are quite different. 

Two different recipes. But if I'm going to trash the kitchen I might as well trash the kitchen.