ckreef

Steel Head Trout in Grandma Pan

I got me a nice piece of Steel Head Trout. I actually like it better than salmon. It's not as tall as salmon so it doesn't have the thin belly meat. 

Gave it a nice lemon Pesto topping. Cooked it in my 19" KK on the upper grate in my new Grandma pan. It was a gorgeous piece of fish. 

sht1.thumb.jpg.2f1089bb5357e66fa16ac35fb09c52fe.jpg

sht2.thumb.jpg.ef13e0de51d99c0f580f00e712e9d7ef.jpg

Below that on the main grate was some baked potatoes and homemade stuffed scallops. 

sht3.thumb.jpg.05a0b8e61583eda907bc16f7bb38ad51.jpg

Slid right off the pan and onto the serving platter without a care in the world. I really like Lloyd Pans. 

sht4.thumb.jpg.091f91c431714394dad2c8cd1a3d1e91.jpg

35 minutes ago, Scott Roberts said:

Maybe reef's bistro should actually be open so the rest of us mire mortals can try some dang dune!:bravo:

Scott

Only problem is, I'm not sure anyone could find me out in the middle of nowhere GA :)

36 minutes ago, Stile 88 said:

Looks delish nice job ck

When I told Mrs skreef about my lemon pesto idea she snubbed her nose at me. HA! Came out just as I had envisioned and tasted great. Not all my ideas are good ones but this one was. 

35 minutes ago, St1brew said:

The fish looks great as does the scallops! What is the purpose of the nail in the taters?

Those are aluminum potato nails. They are supposed to transfer heat to the middle of the potato to help cook them faster. My sister gave them to me years ago. I only use them on really big potatoes. 

34 minutes ago, Thunder77 said:

That looks awesome! I love some steelhead. Very underrated fish. I get steelhead from Costco whenever it's on sale.

I totally agree. Very underrated. I buy them every chance I get.