ArinX

Newbie Here anxiously waiting on KJ Classic III :)

Hi all!  

Recently placed a preorder for my KJ Classic III and it will be my first ceramic grill.  The only experience I have using charcoal is on my Skewer grill (similar to this one) so looking forward to learning how to control the temps on the KJ. Been bing watching youtube videos and reading this forum.  Also have a CampChef pellet smoker which has been lots of fun and has put out some tasty food. 

The only problem I have now is that I havent told my wife I bought another grill :) 

Welcome!  We will all be anxiously awaiting to see pics of your KJ III in action. 

Lots to learn here on the forum. Just spend your time reading up and you’ll be ready to go on day one. 

And good luck breaking the news to your wife. She will quickly forgive you once the meals start coming off the kamado, I’m sure. :)

Welcome, glad to have you with us. Well, we can easily help you learn to control temps in and how to cook on you new KJ. However, when it comes to explain the expenditure for a new grill, you on your own, brother. My suggestion is to cook a whole spatchcocked chicken as a first cook and do some grilled sides like prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Just something about how a kamado turns out chicken that leads to forgiveness. My wife first words after her first bite of kamado chicken were " really????? you cooked this?????. Happy Cooking.

4 hours ago, Scott Roberts said:

LOL!

Scott

I actually can understand where she was coming from. My first spatchcocked whole chicken on my old Vision was so amazingly good and far, far, better that any chicken I had ever cooked on other grills. I couldn't really believe I cooked it myself, and I was infront  of the grill  the whole cook by myself.:) Just something special about kamado chicken.