Sort of kewl video. I learned a little. My only comment is - that was fine Kosher salt in the begining. I have corse kosher salt in the cabinet and it's way more corse than what's shown. 

On the subject of converting a volume of one kind of salt to another kind:  in this post–

John Setzler makes a case for listing salt in a recipe by weight and not volume.  He provides a useful weight-based conversion chart.

13 hours ago, pmillen said:

On the subject of converting a volume of one kind of salt to another kind:  in this post–

John Setzler makes a case for listing salt in a recipe by weight and not volume.  He provides a useful weight-based conversion chart.

I agree weight is the way to go but most recipes list it as a volume. If it doesn't specify a type of salt I always default to table salt as I feel most recipes are written for the average household that probably only has table salt. 

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

I agree weight is the way to go but most recipes list it as a volume. If it doesn't specify a type of salt I always default to table salt as I feel most recipes are written for the average household that probably only has table salt. 

Yes.  And the sweet thing about John's chart is that you can convert that table salt volume to weight and then use an equal weight of another kind of salt.  That chart is the best cooking tool I've acquired in the few years I've been cooking.