Sign in to follow this  
matco80

bayou classic

I just bought a bayou classic for super cheap off facebook marketplace  what kind of plate setter will fit in it  I am not sure what to buy for that normally I use a old pizza pan but  they dont last very long 

IIrc, when I had a Cypress the heat diffuser just sat on the lower grate. If you have the upper and lower grate any old pizza stone will due.  As long as it’s not some huge jumbo size pizza stone that won’t fit, of course.

5 hours ago, matco80 said:

I just bought a bayou classic for super cheap off facebook marketplace  what kind of plate setter will fit in it  I am not sure what to buy for that normally I use a old pizza pan but  they dont last very long 

You will have to measure i believe the bayou classic the grate is 18.5" the big green egg place setter might work however the grill grate in a large is 18 in but it should fit on your fire box. maybe the divide and conquer system for kamado joe will work for you as well but i dont have one or had one in the past perhaps the Joe peeps will chime in ...

4 minutes ago, Stile 88 said:

You will have to measure i believe the bayou classic the grate is 18.5" the big green egg place setter might work however the grill grate in a large is 18 in but it should fit on your fire box. maybe the divide and conquer system for kamado joe will work for you as well but i dont have one or had one in the past perhaps the Joe peeps will chime in ...

I don’t own an egg, but I believe the egg place setter direct on the firebox, as does the lower grate on a Cypress. I think it would be better to go with a pizza stone that sits direct on the lower grate. Not sure, but I might be concerned putting the lower grate on a place setter that’s on the firebox  may raise toe top grate to where it could interfere with the lid. But, again, my whole presumption is based on you having both the upper and lower grate.

I have had this grill for 11 years.  I think I can answer ANY questions anyone has about it.  The BGE large plate setter works, I used it for years.  I would recommend the divided heat diffuser of the classic Kamado Joe as a better solution.  It works perfectly in the bottom grate, and can block 1/2 of the grill for both searing and indirect, or the entire top surface.