Jump to content

bayou classic


matco80
 Share

Recommended Posts

IIrc, when I had a Cypress the heat diffuser just sat on the lower grate. If you have the upper and lower grate any old pizza stone will due.  As long as it’s not some huge jumbo size pizza stone that won’t fit, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, matco80 said:

I just bought a bayou classic for super cheap off facebook marketplace  what kind of plate setter will fit in it  I am not sure what to buy for that normally I use a old pizza pan but  they dont last very long 

 

You will have to measure i believe the bayou classic the grate is 18.5" the big green egg place setter might work however the grill grate in a large is 18 in but it should fit on your fire box. maybe the divide and conquer system for kamado joe will work for you as well but i dont have one or had one in the past perhaps the Joe peeps will chime in ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stile 88 said:

 

You will have to measure i believe the bayou classic the grate is 18.5" the big green egg place setter might work however the grill grate in a large is 18 in but it should fit on your fire box. maybe the divide and conquer system for kamado joe will work for you as well but i dont have one or had one in the past perhaps the Joe peeps will chime in ...

 

I don’t own an egg, but I believe the egg place setter direct on the firebox, as does the lower grate on a Cypress. I think it would be better to go with a pizza stone that sits direct on the lower grate. Not sure, but I might be concerned putting the lower grate on a place setter that’s on the firebox  may raise toe top grate to where it could interfere with the lid. But, again, my whole presumption is based on you having both the upper and lower grate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have had this grill for 11 years.  I think I can answer ANY questions anyone has about it.  The BGE large plate setter works, I used it for years.  I would recommend the divided heat diffuser of the classic Kamado Joe as a better solution.  It works perfectly in the bottom grate, and can block 1/2 of the grill for both searing and indirect, or the entire top surface. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2019 at 2:04 AM, matco80 said:

I just bought a bayou classic for super cheap off facebook marketplace  what kind of plate setter will fit in it  I am not sure what to buy for that normally I use a old pizza pan but  they dont last very long 

 This is the exact reason i joined this forum, looking to what diffuser works on my Cypress. I was thinking about buying a 16" round cake pan thats 2" deep to hold liquids. I figure it would cover more area than one of the pizza stones to keep my ribs from direct heat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Weekend Griller said:

 This is the exact reason i joined this forum, looking to what diffuser works on my Cypress. I was thinking about buying a 16" round cake pan thats 2" deep to hold liquids. I figure it would cover more area than one of the pizza stones to keep my ribs from direct heat.

I've been using a large 2" deep cake pan as a diffuser for years. I put an inch +/- of playground sand (50# bag from the local Lowes or Home Depot is less than $5.00), the sand is a great diffuser and absorbs drippings. When the cook is done I toss the sand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rip said:

I've been using a large 2" deep cake pan as a diffuser for years. I put an inch +/- of playground sand (50# bag from the local Lowes or Home Depot is less than $5.00), the sand is a great diffuser and absorbs drippings. When the cook is done I toss the sand.

 

That’s a good idea.  I quit with the pan years ago due to the hassle of clean up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...