ArthurDent

Did I get shipped the right gasket?

I’m in the process of refurbing my grill, new tables, handle, thermometer and new gaskets. I ordered new nomex gaskets from Vision and installed them on the grill. But looking at them, they look like felt gaskets to me, not nomex. Maybe Vision sent me the wrong gasket? 

But I’ve never seen the Nomex gaskets Vision sells, so I don’t really know. So, I’m asking for your assistance. Please take a look at the attached photos and tell me which gaskets you think I got, nomex or felt.

3CCD4452-8291-440A-A3CB-CBC09E9BB694.jpeg

977AB379-DD76-4F92-A264-CFB97875EB39.jpeg

I ordered the Nomex gasket for my KJC. I will b e replacing my gasket this spring. Looking at what I received it looks just like the gasket that came on my grill. What did the package say about the gasket?

3 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

I ordered the Nomex gasket for my KJC. I will b e replacing my gasket this spring. Looking at what I received it looks just like the gasket that came on my grill. What did the package say about the gasket?

That's interesting GG. What factored into your decision to go Nomex and not the wire mesh?

8 hours ago, Golf Griller said:

There was no label on the package that I saw.

5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

That's interesting GG. What factored into your decision to go Nomex and not the wire mesh?

Vision offers felt and nomex gaskets. I did not see any wire mesh gaskets on their site. I wish they would though, because wire mesh would probably be even more durable than nomex

13 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

At the time I ordered the gasket, I had been told that the wire mesh gasket would not work on my KJ Classic (2016) model.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:35 AM, ArthurDent said:

I’m in the process of refurbing my grill, new tables, handle, thermometer and new gaskets. I ordered new nomex gaskets from Vision and installed them on the grill. But looking at them, they look like felt gaskets to me, not nomex. Maybe Vision sent me the wrong gasket? 

But I’ve never seen the Nomex gaskets Vision sells, so I don’t really know. So, I’m asking for your assistance. Please take a look at the attached photos and tell me which gaskets you think I got, nomex or felt.

3CCD4452-8291-440A-A3CB-CBC09E9BB694.jpeg

977AB379-DD76-4F92-A264-CFB97875EB39.jpeg

Those look very much like the Vision Nomex / high heat gaskets I ordered and received from Visionput on my old Vision. Mine were almost pure white, but that was several years ago. I have BGE Nomex / high heat gaskets on my current Egg and they look almost identical to the mottled grey white smooth surface gasket in  your pic as well. In addition my BBQ gloves have Nomex liners and they have the same texture and mottled grey white look to them.  I am thinking your gaskets are in fact the Nomex gaskets you ordered. To make sure, if you still have doubts, just send Vision the pic and ask them the question. By the way both my Vision Nomex and my current BGE Nomex are great. I gave my Vision to the guy who brought out and set up my BGE, that was probably 8 years ago and he still cooks on the same gaskets. He has a young family that loves pizza and cooks it almost every week. I have been cooking on the Nomex gaskets on my Egg for equal as long. They look flat and dark but continue to work like a charm and hold temp even after all those years of many, many, cooks.