John Setzler

Cheap Chinese Chamber Vacuum Sealer

20190315_100201.jpg

So I ordered this bottle of vacuum pump oil to use in this sealer and this is how it arrived today.  I guess I"m glad that foil seal didn't break open during shipping since there is no lid on the bottle. 

I filled the oil reservoir on the pump and did a couple test runs with some foodsaver bags.  I sealed one end of the bag with the foodsaver and then put a bulb of garlic in one bag and the miscellaneous parts/tools that come with this sealer in another and ran the cycle.  It appears to be working fine after two simple test runs.  My chamber sealer bags will be here tomorrow so I'll do some more testing and then get a video demo of this thing together early in the week next week.

That's crazy. 

I'm sure you know this about garlic but I'll post it anyway for others who may not be aware. 

Foods that need to be blanched first:

• Broccoli

• Cauliflower

• Cabbage

• Brussels Sprouts

• Turnips

• Other cruciferous vegetables

Unfortunately there are just a few foods that cannot be vacuum sealed. Some foods contain anaerobic bacteria, which can grow without the presence of air, meaning even within a vacuum sealed pouch these bacteria will continue to grow and may pose a risk to your health. 

Foods that cannot be vacuum sealed:

• Mushrooms

• Garlic

Soft cheeses

• Brie

• Camembert

• Ricotta ...

• Other soft and unpasteurized cheeses 

17 minutes ago, landscaper said:

That's crazy. 

I'm sure you know this about garlic but I'll post it anyway for others who may not be aware. 

Foods that need to be blanched first:

• Broccoli

• Cauliflower

• Cabbage

• Brussels Sprouts

• Turnips

• Other cruciferous vegetables

Unfortunately there are just a few foods that cannot be vacuum sealed. Some foods contain anaerobic bacteria, which can grow without the presence of air, meaning even within a vacuum sealed pouch these bacteria will continue to grow and may pose a risk to your health. 

Foods that cannot be vacuum sealed:

• Mushrooms

• Garlic

Soft cheeses

• Brie

• Camembert

• Ricotta ...

• Other soft and unpasteurized cheeses 

Yes.. it was just a test of the vacuum sealer.  I did not intend to keep it that way.. I should have known better.. lol