• Similar Content

• By BigJoeOC
      I always build my fire and let the Big Joe stabilize at my target temperature before I let the iKamand take over. Anyone put in a fire cube get the coal hot then let the iKamand take over from there? I never do this because I'm afraid of overshooting my target temperature. Sure would be nice to light a starter cube then let the iKamand take control from there.
    • By Jkomodo
      Struggling with this one... I love using my Kamado for low & slow cooks however with two young kids I struggle to find the time.  I’m trying to determine the best approach for a “set it & forget it” option. I am looking to either purchase a temp controller such as an iKamand that I will have to figure out how to rig to my old school Kamado Co. or just bite the bullet and purchase a pellet smoker.  The way I see it, one of these controller’s is going to run me $250. Maybe I’m better off dropping another few hundred and getting a pellet set up considering the application will be primarily for low & slow smoking.   Any suggestions on the preferred option?  If you’re leaning towards the pellet smoker option, any recommendations?  My top 3 based solely on internet research is Rec Tec, Traeger and Grilla.  Thanks for your feedback! -J
    • By Daz
      Hi Everyone, it has been a while since my last post ( I think it was the pizza ring I made for the Akorn Kamado). Well, I finally get around to finish up the camper power box for our TempMaster controller. I found these 12V Li-ion battery packs from Amazon works great (6000 mAh for 10+ hrs) and can be charged with our AC adapter for the controller. The box now can hold the controller, battery, vent hose and 3 probes. I'll make a DIY blog on our website. It's Plano Ammo Box (Made in USA!) with cutouts on the side for hose and probes. Now you can do ribs in a weber go anywhere for 4-5 hours unattended. Let me know if you have any questions. Here in Hawaii there is no power at camp grounds, so I made this box with a 12v UPS backup battery in it to power the controller off grid. But I found I use it all the time even at home. The Lead Acid battery was heavier and required a car battery charger to charge so I didn't make it into a product. But now with the Li-ion battery this box can pack all the accessories, just grab 'n go! It's available on our website at BBQube.us
      Aloha and happy grilling!

• By khsBama
      Can more than one user (iPhone, iPad, etc) see and check on the status of the iKamand, through the app, at the same time?

For example; could the wife and myself keep tabs on whatever is cooking with our respective phones?

TIA
    • By Hulk
      Hey gang, I recently received my iKamand, and it works great.  I’m not able to find anyone selling extra probes for the unit for slot 2 and 3.  Has anyone had any luck?

Also, while I’m on the topic of iKamand, has anyone had success getting a DC to USB setup to work, so a cord doesn’t have to be drug across the patio?  The idea would be to use it with a usb battery back or something similar.

I left some pics to get your mouths watering while I wait for a response.