Demo Video - DZ-260C Chamber Vacuum Sealer

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

Hey John,

Any news/updates on your chamber sealer?  I'm so close to pulling the trigger as my vacuum sealer is started to weaken badly....

This one is performing up to my expectations so far.  I am still happy with it.. have probably sealed 75 bags or so to this point.  The only issue i have run into so far is that the teflon tape across the sealer bar wrinkled up and I felt that it might not be making the best seal after that happened.  I dinked around with it and couldn't get it straightened out adequately so I pulled it off and replaced it with some of the extra tape that came with the unit.   I am gonna buy a new roll of that tape (it's really cheap) to see if I can get one that might be a little better quality than the one that came with it....

1 hour ago, philpom said:

Wow and I just bought a new sealer.  What are the dimensions on this?  Wonder if I have a place for it.  That is killer for $350 as long as the pump lasts and the sealing strip doesn't burn out. 

it's about 12x12x16".  It comes with extra teflon tape for the sealer bar and i believe one of the things that came with it was a replacement sealing strip.. not sure.... lol

I’ve got a similar cheap unit here in the UK that I’ve had for a couple of years now and it’s still going strong. Brand is Buffalo and it’s their light duty model. 

I really wouldn’t want to be without it, it’s amazing for packing things before freezing, completely eliminates the risk of freezer burn. And obviously does a great job of prepping food for sous vide cooking. 

Probably my favourite use though is doing quick pickles. Just slice up some veggies (red cabbage, onions, cucumber, fennel and radishes are some of my faves), bag with some vinegar and salt (plus sugar or other seasonings if you like) and run through 1-3 vacuum cycles. There’s no need to seal between each cycle. The vacuum will rupture the cell walls in the plant then when you let air back in the pickling liquid is forced into the vegetable. The more cycles you run the softer the texture and the more the vinegar will permeate the pickle - hard veg like cabbage takes a couple of cycles, cucumbers only one. 

Its amazing being able to turn out a pickled veg in just minutes and has really changed the way we cook. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, mickiedoo said:

Hey John,

Where did you buy the tape for your dz-260 machine. Thanks in advance

I bought it on amazon but it's not quite the right size.  I need to measure and find something a little different.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:44 AM, &roid said:

Probably my favourite use though is doing quick pickles. Just slice up some veggies (red cabbage, onions, cucumber, fennel and radishes are some of my faves), bag with some vinegar and salt (plus sugar or other seasonings if you like) and run through 1-3 vacuum cycles. There’s no need to seal between each cycle. The vacuum will rupture the cell walls in the plant then when you let air back in the pickling liquid is forced into the vegetable. The more cycles you run the softer the texture and the more the vinegar will permeate the pickle - hard veg like cabbage takes a couple of cycles, cucumbers only one. 

Its amazing being able to turn out a pickled veg in just minutes and has really changed the way we cook. 

Do the fractured cells change the texture?  I don't think I would care for mushy pickles.