Next Generation Timberline

Charcoal Addict

1 hour ago, freddyjbbq said:

Do you have the same version timberline as us or getting the d2? 

It’s great that Traeger is making improvements, but I’m extremely happy with what I’ve got 

I’m been thinking about getting a Timberline.  It means parting with one Big Joe to make room for it.

Putting together money for a massive Kitchen Reno has been consuming my discretionary fund for the past year. 

Several people will do a side by side video review of both models that’ll provide a more accurate and fair comparisons between the newer and older models. 

Anyome who has the older Timberline still owns one of the top five pellet grills on the market.  They’re not hurting.  

Here’s the splashy marketing video for the D2.

https://www.traegergrills.com/d2-direct-drive

I have a 2017 KJ Classic and a Rec Tec Trailblazer. Been doing my own comparison between the two. A work in progress.

The Rec Tec does OK. Lot's of Traeger  information on KG forums. Does anyone own any other pellet grill?

I still lean toward the KJ as being my go to grill.

-good thing I am Not an outdoor grill sales person

M.

1 hour ago, mike echo said:

I have a 2017 KJ Classic and a Rec Tec Trailblazer. Been doing my own comparison between the two. A work in progress.

The Rec Tec does OK. Lot's of Traeger  information on KG forums. Does anyone own any other pellet grill?

I still lean toward the KJ as being my go to grill.

-good thing I am Not an outdoor grill sales person

M.

So do you like your rec tec or you wish you went to timberline 

Why does the trailblazer just do ok what dont you like about it

6 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

People on a tighter budget also have for option for the Iron Wood too.  The Iron woods is the most adorable insulated pellet cooker to hit the market.

I dont think the ironwood is insulated like the timberline at least it dont look like it to me perhaps the sides

1 hour ago, Stile 88 said:

I dont think the ironwood is insulated like the timberline at least it dont look like it to me perhaps the sides

It’s not stainless either.  It’s not a Timberline but it much better than the Pro model.   The Iron wood will end up outselling the Timberline since it’s in the sweet spot average consumers are willing to spend for a pellet cooker.

The Timberline caters the more demanding crowd like us.  

On 3/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, shuley said:

Personally, I am always excited to learn about new grills and updates.  I doubt I'd ever own a pellet grill.... My backyard is tiny, and hubby hated it when I had three grills.  But I do find them fascinating and enjoy learning about them. 

Same. I want to try a stick burner ever though I know I will only use it sparingly 

6 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

Same. I want to try a stick burner ever though I know I will only use it sparingly 

I love the idea of owning a stick burning.  It’s too costly to get your hands on large quantities hardwood to burn in Western Canada. 

Pellets are easier to come by.

2 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

How often do you light up 2 big joes for a cook ? 

50 - 60 times a year.  It’s used as a second oven during low and slows.  I figure I will get more mileage with One Big Joe and a Timberline down the road. 

I should be able to fetch $3 grand Canadian for the Big Joe and the high end clear cedar LED light table I built.  

Clear cedar is increasing scarce.  It’s as expensive as many hardwoods.

I was was actually thinking about buying a pellet cooker when I bought the 2nd Big Joe.  

At that time, there wasn’t as many high quality pellet model options back in 2013 without selling a left kidney to ship something up from the US.