TheFury

Is there anything like the EGGspander that fits KJ?

Hi all, first of all, apologies if this belongs more in the BGE forum than here. 

I've been looking high and low for this and I'm not sure it exists. Of course you can do multi level cooking on the KJ D&C and can add a raised grate. But what I can't find is a top grate that slides out of the way like the BGE EGGspander. Has anyone seen one before?

For reference: (about 1:40 in this video)

I feel like the sliding feature would make a world of difference in workflow. I've used the raised grate on Weber kettles and found it to be a pain, having to remove it from the grill entirely to access the food below, then replacing it precariously. 

Perhaps I'm overthinking it but right now, because I'm on the market for my first kamado, this feature could be what sways me away from KJ to BGE... change my mind?

You've posted about the BGE EGGspander in every topic you've been in. Sounds like you know what's important to you so, I not sure what the purpose of this topic is. Seems pretty clear, the BGE comes with it and with a KJ you'd have an additional out of pocket trying to find something that replicates the EGGspander. Have fun with your BGE.

1 hour ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

You've posted about the BGE EGGspander in every topic you've been in. Sounds like you know what's important to you so, I not sure what the purpose of this topic is. Seems pretty clear, the BGE comes with it and with a KJ you'd have an additional out of pocket trying to find something that replicates the EGGspander. Have fun with your BGE.

Man you've seen right through it. You know me better than I know myself. I think you may be right!

On 3/22/2019 at 7:53 PM, TheFury said:

I did but they don't have that sliding deal going on. Is it possible that BGE lapped the competition with their grate system??

my PS Woo and second level grid extender slides the same way ... or should it be the other way around since the expander came out after the CGS stuff and KJ DC