freddyjbbq

Pizza Madness (experiment)

Did a bit of messing with some dough recipes, cooking temp & toppings:

sweet fennel sausage, hot peppers and buff mozz will blow your mind!!

BDB7D144-568E-43C4-98D8-BD4119B8EB20.jpeg

Roasted some chicken in the WFO & used that, some bacon, pesto and buff mozz

32171343-9EB3-4466-8D4A-C5A7E90E841D.jpeg

cubed mozz and bacon (for the kiddies) 

06A96856-C851-422C-8D82-29A7601C797C.jpeg

2 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

thanks Fellas, going to try some chicken wings on the WFO this weekend now that weather is improving

I'm looking forward to seeing that cook. 

13 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

I would have been pleased to sit at either the grown-up or kids table at that dinner!  Nice job.  :)

thank you so much! like @ckreef i have seemed to have formed a connection/addiction to the WFO, it is so much fun and the more i use it, the more my understanding and confidence-level increases.  Might look into a (gulp) bigger oven.

19 hours ago, ckreef said:

I'm looking forward to seeing that cook. 

Thank you CK!  Weather is turning favorable here and daylight is increasing.  I have a BBQ Accessory that came with my oven & i've been eager to give it a try!.   Curious about the texture on a wing cook, so we'll give it a try and see what's what

Definitely an interesting grill accessory. I've seen plenty of videos where people spread some coals on the deck and have a raised grate above them. Definitely take lots of pictures. 

I totally agree cooking in the WFO is addicting. If I ever retire and move I'd go up to about a 40"+ inside diameter.  A large WFO, my LG Konro, and a 32" KK is about all I'd need for retirement. 

10 hours ago, ckreef said:

Definitely an interesting grill accessory. I've seen plenty of videos where people spread some coals on the deck and have a raised grate above them. Definitely take lots of pictures. 

I totally agree cooking in the WFO is addicting. If I ever retire and move I'd go up to about a 40"+ inside diameter.  A large WFO, my LG Konro, and a 32" KK is about all I'd need for retirement. 

No doubt! I like your ideas on all of these points.

I realized that even at 8-900 degrees inside, the outside of my oven stays cool to the touch even on the bottom.

Planning on a tailgate party at patriots game this season with friends.   The oven is lighter and easier to transport than my kamado or pellet grills lol

194347DA-D18B-4DCC-ADD0-08D05876005A.jpeg

060E7D8D-7CD7-4231-961F-83B458400834.jpeg

@freddyjbbq

if end up in my neck of the woods Max and Leo’s makes great SD pizza and awesome wings in a WFO.  Definitely some of the best pizza in Boston.  They cook the wings in a CI pan, I think the entertainment transfer from the pan, heat deflection with the lip of the pan, and air currents actually make the temp inside the pan lower than the WFO. 

Edit:  I thought Alfa’s max operating temp was 750 F?   @John Setzler?? 

That sounds like a blast. Tailgating with a WFO.

Lloyd Pans sells stackable deep dish pans (think Pizza Hut personal pan pizza). They come in various sizes from 6" to 16". They are 2.25" deep and gives you about 1.5" between pans when stacked. If you had a bunch of those 8" pans you could make the pizzas at home in the morning. Stack them up in a cooler then it's just straight from the cooler into the oven when at the game. Everyone gets their own personal pan pizza. You could probably cook 2 or 3 of them at the same time in the oven.

Actually sounds like a great idea for lunch next time I have family visiting. I might have to buy 8 or 10 of those. Would definitely make the cooking work flow a breeze. 

I'm totally amazed at my oven also. I can run it at 800* for hours and still only warm to the touch on the outside. Just don't touch the smoke stack and the door gets a little warm after awhile. I've even had a few glowing coals left the next day 24 hours later.