ckreef

Reef's Lump Comparison

Apologies if I missed it as I have only skimmed some of the pages.... how does jealous Devil compare to tested brands.  Have a bag on the way.  In my unscientific experience, RO XL is my go to .  Really like B&B although I have a hard time finding it in stock at wallyworld. 

13 minutes ago, HoserJoe said:

Apologies if I missed it as I have only skimmed some of the pages.... how does jealous Devil compare to tested brands.  Have a bag on the way.  In my unscientific experience, RO XL is my go to .  Really like B&B although I have a hard time finding it in stock at wallyworld. 

Jealous Devil hasn't been tested yet. I have a bag on the way to the house. Will get it tested over the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, HoserJoe said:

Really like B&B although I have a hard time finding it in stock at wallyworld. 

Welcome to the Guru and Ace Hardware always has it!

Scott

1 hour ago, Scott Roberts said:

Welcome to the Guru and Ace Hardware always has it!

Scott

thanks for the heads up.  .  Knew the Ace up the street where I always go doesn't carry it, but just googled and the next closest one has it.  Will grab a bag next time I'm over that way.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, Drusen said:

Maybe something funky got in the bag and it isn't something that'll be a future problem.

My last bag was particularly smokey and foul. I'll probably get another bag for the weekend grilling, but don't trust it for the Labor Day low and slow. 

@ckreefa nice addition may be some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior Lump. I haven’t tried it in the KK yet but loved it for long cooks in the BGE. Available at Ace online. 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, SSgt93 said:

@ckreefa nice addition may be some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior Lump. I haven’t tried it in the KK yet but loved it for long cooks in the BGE. Available at Ace online. 

Wicked Good Jakes blend was my preferred lump until they discounted it. Wicked Good is based in MA so shipping was quick and cheap. I might have to try the Weekend Warrior.

On 8/21/2019 at 12:46 PM, ckreef said:

Jealous Devil hasn't been tested yet. I have a bag on the way to the house. Will get it tested over the next few weeks. 

I used that all last week and this week. Not going to lie....I love the hell out of it and the bag it comes in, to boot. I have the beige bag FOGO on deck next for this weekend's brisket and 2 pork butts in back to back days....plus running junior back to college. Going to be running like mad. 

9 hours ago, CannedHeat said:

I used that all last week and this week. Not going to lie....I love the hell out of it and the bag it comes in, to boot. I have the beige bag FOGO on deck next for this weekend's brisket and 2 pork butts in back to back days....plus running junior back to college. Going to be running like mad. 

I haven't tried it yet but it does have a kewl bag especially for people (myself included) that dumps straight from the bag.