CentralTexBBQ

Kamado Joe on Costco Web Store

i am kind of late to the kamado grill party. KJs are super expensive..do they ever go on really steep discounts? how often and is there a good time to look, or just keep your eyes peeled?

14 hours ago, Chris Topher said:

$999 (are you outta you’re mind...) for Classic II, delivered

1183423815_fileapr0574053pm.thumb.jpeg.2f6d44d107ac1e8b4b031490c2253d58.jpeg

Can you order this from Costco for 999.99 or is it the road show price, seems like a fair deal for the Classic II. Lowes has the Classic 1 for 750.00 and I think for the hinge, gasket and top vent and not having to retro fit a 1 it's a no brainer if you cant hit a road show.

IIRC the Costco road show, in-store prices are:

• Big Joe II $1,499
  • Classic II $969
  • Jr. $399

If Costco online includes the shipping then you're paying $30 more for the Classic and $100 more for the Big Joe to avoid going to a store (and of course waiting for a roadshow to come your way). 

The online deal ends April 28. 

ETA: It looks like the Classic Joetisserie price is the same price online as in the store. Plus free shipping. 

Charcoal is a fair price but the roadshow is way better. 

I received an email from Costco notifying that the KJ's were one of the items on sale this month. I mostly posted because of the very good price on the lump (outside of a roadshow) and perhaps the joetisserie. If you are in between roadshows, I don't know that you're going to beat that price for Big Block. I think the Costco just placed the Kamados on the site to both raise their profile and introduce a price point to its membership so that when they compare the pricing at a roadshow (and the extras), they would be more willing to pull the trigger. At least that's my marketing take. :-D

Unless you have a lot of hands on deck, that free shipping is no joke. Driving a Kamado (especially a Big Joe) home and unloading it from the back of an F-150 makes for some harrowing moments. I'd much rather have it unloaded off the back of a straight truck- where they take on all liability.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, LargeRedJoe said:

Charcoal is a fair price but the roadshow is way better. 

I think I paid the same for the lump at the Roadshow, if not a little more. My local Lowes has started carrying it for $25/20 lbs so this is a $20 savings over that.

13 hours ago, SeaBrisket said:

I think I paid the same for the lump at the Roadshow, if not a little more. My local Lowes has started carrying it for $25/20 lbs so this is a $20 savings over that.

Roadshow charcoal is 73 cents/pound.

The Costco online charcoal is 99 cents/pound. Still, that’s better than other sites.