Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ebterrier

Another Costco thread

Recommended Posts

Just scrolling through Costco.com and they are now selling Kamado joes online with shipping! I am waiting for my big joe 3 but wanted to let everyone know. 

 

63983BA3-ECC3-4B4F-8ED3-03C2B81DF640.png

3FC02FFB-6B8D-43B4-93B0-BFC92E072D5D.png

Edited by ebterrier
Pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up - I’ve been waiting for the road show to hit my area but there aren’t any planned dates as of yet. Might have to pull the trigger and have one shipped. 

 

Only downside is it doesn’t look like it includes a cover? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tell ya, Costco has terrible typists. They spelled JoeTisserie wrong on their site and I see from the above picture, they can't spell charcoal correctly, either. No wonder I can't search for this stuff on their site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, Teajunkie said:

I tell ya, Costco has terrible typists. They spelled JoeTisserie wrong on their site and I see from the above picture, they can't spell charcoal correctly, either. No wonder I can't search for this stuff on their site.

 

I have the same complaint about "cute" spelling (i.e., wang or sammich).  It's done on purpose and it's not cute.  It's annoying—and it'll never be a "hit" on a proper search.

 

It takes three discrete skill sets to produce a quality web page; commercial art and design, written communications and programming.  It's difficult to find one person possessing those three skills, and most employers won't hire a team of three to perform the work.  Couple that with the short time-lines that the page developers and their proof readers (if they exist) are working under and you'll find countless products released that are subsequently corrected.

Edited by pmillen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, d3n3 said:

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up - I’ve been waiting for the road show to hit my area but there aren’t any planned dates as of yet. Might have to pull the trigger and have one shipped. 

 

Only downside is it doesn’t look like it includes a cover? 

 

On 4/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, LargeRedJoe said:

Right. No cover or the box of firestarters. The price is higher than during a Roadshow, I suppose to cover the S&H. 

 

Isn't delivery an option when buying at the Roadshow though?

 

$25 off $250 coupons were sent to a lot of Costco members over the past week. If you didn't get one, you may have luck asking on the Costco.com live chat. It's a YMMV thing, but I had luck asking if I might have accidentally deleted the email because I get the daily emails from Costco. 

Also, you can use cards other than Visa Costco.com, which may be an advantage if you have any cards that earn rewards that are not Visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bigzamboni said:

 

 

Isn't delivery an option when buying at the Roadshow though?

Typically, no. A few of the Costco KJ reps would provide delivery for a fee but it's not something Costco provided. At least, in none of the warehouses where I worked. It's been a cash and carry deal; pay for it and take it away. 

 

The warehouse might hold it for a day so a customer can arrange for pickup. But the store managers don't like doing that for very long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

Typically, no. A few of the Costco KJ reps would provide delivery for a fee but it's not something Costco provided. At least, in none of the warehouses where I worked. It's been a cash and carry deal; pay for it and take it away. 

 

The warehouse might hold it for a day so a customer can arrange for pickup. But the store managers don't like doing that for very long. 

 

Ah, didn't know that. For some other roadshow style sales I've seen on other items, they just had some displays and then it would get shipped to the customer. Wasn't sure how this one worked. 

$30 and losing the cover (or $5 if you can snag a coupon) really isn't too bad to have something this size delivered, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...