Hobbies OTHER than Cooking?

TexasBlues

Best marbled piece of beef I have ever purchased. The owner was chuckling and watched us tie it down curious how I was going to make it work. If you own a bike, Rok Straps are amazing!.

Fully-fledged nerd here. Wet shaving (brushes, soaps, creams, double and single-edged razors & blades, aftershaves, and EDTs) and fountains pens/inks/paper are my hobbies of choice. I would include camping but I simply do not get the time to be able to regularly do so. I still have managed to collect/use a significant number of fixed and folding blades as well as kit for camping when the opportunity arises.

Short Wave Radio

Metal Detecting

Golf

I see a lot of wet shaving which I've added here as well.  Not exactly what I call a "hobby", but more of a more pleasant way to accomplish a necessary task I hate.  I've got over 2000 blades, numerous handles, soaps/oils and brushes (all given to me from the family of a passed loved one as I'm pretty bald, so they figured I shaved my head etc and could use all the stuff more than them!"

This thread got me started thinking about things I like to do and I realized the majority of my hobbies revolve around food and eating!  Much of my free time is spent collecting plants and animals from the wild and what I can't catch or find we grow in our garden or buy locally.  This includes what seems like never ending canning and pickling.  Since I moved to the north shore of Lake Erie 3 years ago I've become a walleye fanatic so pretty much any good wind day is spent in the boat trolling.  Deer hunting fills the freezer for the winter.  April/May/June is spent collecting greens and mushrooms.  I just planted a row of haskap berries this year, so early next spring I am looking forward to an early fresh berry harvest.  We grow enough garlic to get us through the year to next harvest, as well as all our tomatoes, peppers and onions for canning tomato sauces, pizza sauce, salsa and diced tomatoes.  Beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, asparagus, lettuce and various herbs all come from our garden, I don't really recall the last time we bought veggies from the grocery store.  It's somewhat of  point of pride I guess :)

20 hours ago, Chris Topher said:

Fountain pens, photography, bass guitar, guitar, in no particular order (or skill on the latter 3).

no fountain pens for me but, once I used a quality pen for the first time, I got hooked. Currently just a small collection of about four pens– each in a bout the $150 to $250 range. The fatter the better... :)

• 1 month later...