ckreef

Lloyd Pans - personal pan lunch pizza

3 hours ago, freddyjbbq said:

these look really great!!

I'm getting there. I really like the concept (LOVE the concept!!!). I just need to polish the details until perfection (or as close as possible). 

12 hours ago, ckreef said:

I tried two more tests on Sunday. Lunch test was total disaster. We ate them but no way was I taking a picture. They were so ugly I was scared they would break the camera lense - LOL 

Shut the grill down and later in the day I reconfigured the setup. Gave it another try. Getting closer to perfection but not quite. I do have a few more tweaks I want to make and will try again next weekend at the latest. 

What went wrong?

We can learn so much from our mistakes, or someone else's :)

5 minutes ago, O C said:

What went wrong?

We can learn so much from our mistakes, or someone else's :)

I need to tweak my setup a bit. I'm trying for a fairly high heat, reasonably fast cook so everything needs to work in harmony together. I'm getting close. I'll keep trying/posting until I get it right. 

On 4/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, ckreef said:

Thursday night I mixed up the dough and let it rise until doubled. I made the balls and proofed them for 

This was a new dough recipe. A copycat Pizza Hut recipe. It tasted good and was easy enough to work with. The very bottom of the crust had a nice crunch and the middle was still soft and moist. I'll probably make a slightly smaller batch next time. I also need to up the temperature and get a shorter cook time. Weather to let them come to temperature first or come straight from the refrigerator is still undecided. Will probably try again Sunday. 

Ck, I forgot to ask the type of doughyour making? Is it a bar pizza? 

9 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

Ck, I forgot to ask the type of doughyour making? Is it a bar pizza? 

Pizza Hut personal pan pizza dough. It has sugar, oil, and dry milk in it. Also oil in the bottom of the pan. 

I'm not done tweaking the dough recipe yet. 

8 hours ago, ckreef said:

Pizza Hut personal pan pizza dough. It has sugar, oil, and dry milk in it. Also oil in the bottom of the pan. 

I'm not done tweaking the dough recipe yet. 

yeah, it looks really good.  looking forward to your thoughts on final recipe.  i got my Lloydpans grannies today along with a flatbread, sicillian and chicago deep dish pan.  Nice stuff, many uses.

Ckreef,

I am really interested in the right out of the fridge one.  Did you find that the cold impacted the dough texture in any way?  or were the the same as the room temp one?

17 minutes ago, bosco said:

Ckreef,

I am really interested in the right out of the fridge one.  Did you find that the cold impacted the dough texture in any way?  or were the the same as the room temp one?

Texture wise couldn't tell the difference. Still trying to get this idea perfected for the shortest cook time possible. If you don't mind a little longer cook time than this idea is already good to go. 

It is really nice going straight from the fridge, dess the pie then into the grill/oven. Takes all the guess work out of the timing issue and would really help with that using a WFO. 

Stay tuned I'm not done with this yet. 

4 hours ago, ckreef said:

It is really nice going straight from the fridge

I used to work for Pizza Hut many moons ago and that's how the pan and personal pans are done! That's the only dough done in a mixer and proofed for a double rise everything else comes frozen from a distribution center!

Scott

27 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

Looks really good,  I miss the real pizza hut dd pizzas.  They haven't been the same in years.

Yea I had one a few months ago and thought the same thing.