KamadoChris

Hi from southern Ontario

Hi everyone. I’m very new to Kamado cooking. Just picked up a Louisiana Grills K24 from Costco about a week ago. So far cooked a spatchcock chicken and some pork chops. Chicken cake out better than the chops. The learning curve is very steep. I sealed the vents as suggested here after the first cook and it made a huge difference especially with shutdown.

I’ve smoked on a modded out 30” masterbuilt electric for close to 10 years and finally decided to make the jump to the next level.  Im learning a lot and can’t wait to get some more cooks under my belt. Happy cooking everyone!

Welcome to the forum Chris and congratulations on your new Louisiana Grill!  My understanding of electric smokers is that they have a limited temperature range.  Cooking spatchcock chicken is a great way to learn how to control the temperature on your new grill.  Best of luck and don't be afraid to try a high (600F) temp pizza cook.  

Thanks everyone for the good words.  Doing up some baby backs with smoked mac n cheese this Friday to get a feel for low and slow and then on Saturday put it to work on a half brisket (point end) for my brother and sister-in-law coming for a visit over Easter.  Should be good.

Been looking at pizza recipes on here, kind of like the looks of the no-knead King Albert recipe I found on here, we don't have that flour up here specifically but I think I'll give it a try, or if there's any good suggestions I'm open to them.

Thanks!