1 hour ago, Golf Griller said:

Just goes to show that it is not that hard to light lump charcoal.

How many sixths do you use at a time?

I light in one place for low heat, 2-3 for medium heat and 4 for high heat. 

7 hours ago, txrocks said:

That torch looks cool. I use the benzomatic torch. One gas canister lasts almost a year. The easiest way to light the kamado. Its pretty cheap after the initial investment.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzomatic-TS4000KC-Trigger-Start-Torch-Kit-TS4000KC/203368730

Same here.

I use BGE lighter cubes, but they light a bit hard, so I might try something else. When I had a Vision Pro C, I used the electric starter a few times and then it sat on a shelf in my garage until I gave the Vision away to the guy who brought out and set up my current BGE. Where I live in the mountains of Northern Arizona we have extreme wild fire danger and the electric starter or torches just create too many sparks for me. The other thing about the electric starter is that it lights too many coals at one time. I like to start my fire as small as I can and let it build from there. 

22 hours ago, txrocks said:

That torch looks cool. I use the benzomatic torch. One gas canister lasts almost a year. The easiest way to light the kamado. Its pretty cheap after the initial investment.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzomatic-TS4000KC-Trigger-Start-Torch-Kit-TS4000KC/203368730

15 hours ago, Walrus said:

Same here.

The only way to go.