keeperovdeflame

Steak, probably about as good as I can cook it!

Went to CostCo this morning, while waiting for the Masters to come on the tube. Bought a couple big salmon filets and a whole Prime Rib Eye, that I cut into steaks of various sizes. All except one were vac sealed and tucked into the freezer. One nice little hunk of meat was reserved for dinner.   I set my Egg up for two zone cooking using a spider and a 14" half stone under the grate on one side of the grill. I used my heavy duty custom grate by Michael 1/2 inch rods with 1/2 inch spaces in-between. Sears very well. I loaded the egg with some Royal Oak. and waited paitently for it to come up to temp.

Me waiting patiently

IMG_0389.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

IMG_0390.jpeg

I finished off the ####aki mushrooms,  pulled them, and tented them with foil. I then concentrated on the steak bringing it up to 100 It on the indirect side of the grate.

IMG_0393.thumb.jpeg.482dbba34b855949c683d0b2824c12d3.jpeg

I tried to keep the grill temp below 300 on that side of the grate where my probe was. 

IMG_0394.thumb.jpeg.be4051f7ebd3268e949e7f7d67aee33e.jpeg

When I got the steaks IT to 100, I opened the vents and let the temp climb

IMG_0395.thumb.jpeg.b287f6fb484a6f025dcdc061b676daef.jpeg

IMG_0396.thumb.jpeg.2c6f20f0ee6abab03fae414e1660ddbb.jpeg

right in the middle of my cook about 15 deer came onto the property. My wife was cracking up because these deer went right to where I had planted wild flowers in this nice little drainage then catches afternoon light. 

IMG_0392.thumb.jpeg.83621c4a167c5e3d046ef5697c0feee3.jpeg

54 minutes ago, DrunkenMeatFist said:

I would think that a moderator on this site would have the foresight to avoid using such a profane mushroom. However, it all looks awesome and I doubt anyone would refuse a plate of that. 

Same thing happens when you cook suh####to peppers. PC madness