virtualshelly

Recently Upgraded

WELCOME! too many great people and endless advice/info to mention... everyone here is very forthcoming with 'secrets' and techniques/experiments

i spend HOURS on here as often as possible

Similar to you, I only wanted to COOK on a ceramic to see if I liked it... but I never got the chance...

after using up 2 gassers in the last 10+ years, I mentioned to my lovely that I was looking at a Primo...

next thing i knew, Santa sent me a letter telling me to come pick it up...

best mistake she ever made, aside from marrying me

Welcome from Bushnell's Basin!

I'm yet another who graduated from an Akorn, but only after decades of smoking on a 2-barrel stick-burner. The Akorn seemed expensive, cost twice as much as the stick-burner, but in the middle an annual club picnic cook, I was looking for something easier when I was cooking for 2 instead of 120. 

The problem was the Akorn set Kamado expectations, and I wanted a low-n-slow smoker and a WFO pizza oven in one unit. The Akorn did neither well. A Big Joe fixed that. It's just easier to use...

Have fun,

Frank

On 4/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, fbov said:

Welcome from Bushnell's Basin!

Howdy neighbor! Yes, that is my favorite thing about kamados - low & slow, regular grill and pizzas.  I wish I had purchased the Kamado Joe from the start after seeing how easy it is.