Welcome. Please stop by and introduce yourself.   

I would suggest a full firebox of lump, an air gap between your heat deflator and the pizza stone, and follow a recipe for temp guidelines.  

I have found this to be the best set up for pizza.

Ceramic Grill Store (CGS) Spider turned with the legs downward

IMG_0406.thumb.jpeg.61bc5662855e8b814bbc6e1a06c09b28.jpeg

14" Pizza stone

IMG_0407.thumb.jpeg.a110b409ff7ed130534b0a0ac8165924.jpeg

Spacers (I use ceramic kiln blocks, but you can use metal nuts or copper elbows as well) I have found the optimum space to be about an inch and 3/4 gap.

IMG_0408.thumb.jpeg.d2ff82ff01e54630f275c0761175da12.jpeg

A second 14" pizza stone placed on top of the spaces with an air gap in between the two stones

IMG_0409.thumb.jpeg.d51bcdd0dff345b27b269bc15aa0518d.jpeg 

In the kamado and ready to cook pies

IMG_0410.thumb.jpeg.df0f666e43ca686b3a1b149909c100a5.jpeg

Some folks use griddles or baking steels, I even saw one guy use the bottom of a  13" cast iron skillet,  but I have found that nothing produces a nice curst as well as  a ceramic pizza stone  or the fire brick on the floor of a true pizza oven. If you have a lava stone that came with your vision, I would use that on the bottom as the deflector and then get a true pizza stone to set on top of the spacers. ( however, if you can get two pizza stones, all the better).   I ran this very same setup in my first kamado, a Vision Pro C. In fact the spider I use in my Egg was the one I used in my Vision. A large BGE and a Vision B or Pro model are almost identical in size and dome tapper. Also, an important tip, for pizza success,  is to watch your  stone temp rather than dome temp alone. I cook my pies between 550 and 650 stone temp (the recommended temp for my dough recipe) I use a thermoworks laser probe thermometer to measure stone temp. I remove the top vent cap and shoot the laser down onto the stone through the vent. I use Ken Forkish's 24 to 48 hr 70% hydration dough recipe (Ken Forkish "Elements of Pizza") Combined with a proper stone temp, as above, I think I am making some of the best pies I ever have. if you get two pizza stones you can always put the dirtiest stone with the dirty side down in the deflector position. Anywhere between 550 and 650 will be hot enough to put a nice clean white finish on your bottom stone. If you rotate the dirty one, you will always have a clean stone for the next pie cook. Happy Cooking, and Hope this Helps/

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/collections/vision-pro-classic-b-grill-accessories-by-ceramic-grill-store

Pretty much the same setup on my Big Joe.  My top is a round kiln shelf with air slots in it.  I usually do 550-650.  Just got the Elements of Pizza today... looking to up my dough game.

4CF585EE-DBDB-412C-BFA0-05BE66E55721.jpeg

6 hours ago, AceUh said:

Why the need for two stones?

If you don't the crust will burn. The first one acts as a deflector for the radient heat from the fire and will be considerably hotter than the top stone. The second one is at the same temperature as the air that gets up into the top of the kamado. 

I’ve made a ton of pizza, first on an Akorn and now on a KJ. As others have mentioned, the stone you cook on should not “see” the fire. This is to avoid scorching the bottom while cooking the top. You can use deflectors, two stones, a griddle, etc.

Get your cooker and stone(s) up to temp. An IR thermometer is a good tool for checking the stone temp. 

getting the pizza up in the dome is definitely beneficial. Doing so helps get the top cooking by the hot air in the dome and from radiant heat from the cooker. Pizza cooks from the bottom, via your stone (conduction), and from the top, via hot air (convection)/radiant heat (radiation), so it’s a bit of a balance. 

Temperature and time should be treated as ingredients to a successful cook (as if there is bad pizza...). Match your temp to your dough. Hydration level and sugar content, if any, are among the factors that dictate temp. If you use pre-made dough, follow the recommended cooking temp, or check the ingredients and act accordingly. If you make your own, let the ingredients dictate the cook temp (or vice versa).

There is a lot of good information here, in Ken Forkish’s books (EoP and FWSY), and on some other pizza-making sites. 

Good luck, and post some, um, posts and pix as your journey progresses!