Joe 2 or 3

I really can’t decide which one to get. I’m not sure if the SloRoller is that big of a deal. I also don’t like the idea of Teflon on it. I know don’t heat it so high , but how many time have you over shot a temp heating it up. I’m not even sure if I need all the different heights of the grill. I use it for grilling burgers steaks and smoking pork butts ribs and briskets. 

Sometimes these accessories is just more stuff to sit around or rust up over the winter. Kinda of reminds of the latest greatest iPhone. And I’ve been down that road 

I don't believe the 3 is really offering you that much more in terms of space.  Sure.. there are 3 grate levels but there is only 2" of space between each of them.  That sorta limits what you can put on those racks if you wanna cook 3 racks deep.  You can only cook on 2 of those racks if you are using the SLoROLLER.  I think the real advantages of the 3 lie in other areas quite honestly.  Grill space is not the key on that one so much.

4 minutes ago, mori55 said:

It’s actually 400 difference between the to. What others area do you think are you referring to. Just was wondering. Will they be coming out with a SloRoller for the 2 ?

This grill is a monster in terms of internal space when you are not using the sloroller.   It's a couple inches deeper than the previous models which I think is beneficial for things such as the joetisserie.  I am still learning what its capabilities are.

6 hours ago, John Setzler said:

This grill is a monster in terms of internal space when you are not using the sloroller.   It's a couple inches deeper than the previous models which I think is beneficial for things such as the joetisserie.  I am still learning what its capabilities are.

One of the things owners of standalone KK's talk about is the advantage of having extra space between the fire and the grate for certain cooks. I think you'll start seeing some of that advantage with the 3. As you mentioned the height when using the joetisserie is one of those advantages. Having the fire farther away from the protein during low-n-slow is another advantage. 

I

14 hours ago, mori55 said:

I really can’t decide which one to get. I’m not sure if the SloRoller is that big of a deal. I also don’t like the idea of Teflon on it. I know don’t heat it so high , but how many time have you over shot a temp heating it up. I’m not even sure if I need all the different heights of the grill. I use it for grilling burgers steaks and smoking pork butts ribs and briskets. 

Sometimes these accessories is just more stuff to sit around or rust up over the winter. Kinda of reminds of the latest greatest iPhone. And I’ve been down that road 

Personally id go for the III.

KJ has improved design and it looks like it puts the grilling grate further away from the heat source.