Sign in to follow this  
mori55

Ordered one !

I just ordered the classic 3 with JoeTisserie. 

I’m really curious haw it all works , sloroller Joetisserie. 

Really excited about the JoeTisserie, not sure if the sloroller is a big deal or not. Seem a lot of post were people are usin the rotisserie for everything. 

I also understand people are paid to make things look great too. It worked on me.....

I am not the world's biggest fan of the Joetisserie.  It IS a fan favorite in the Kamado Joe community and I see a lot of folks going out of their way to cook things with it.  I'm just not a big fan of rotisserie style cooking.  I will say that it does work well for a lot of things.  My favorite results with it was when I did Picanha.

The SLoROLLER is something else I am just getting the feel for at this point.  I have done three cooks with it. First was a boston butt that came out extremely well. I could not really tell if I had gained anything from the SLoROLLER.   The butt did cook faster than I anticipated it would at 250f, but we all know butts can do that sometimes.  The two chickens I have cooked with it have had visible and noticeable improvements in the evenness of the cooking and the skin texture form my previous cooks with it.  

The science behind the SLoROLLER is solid.  I will just have to see what visible improvements I see with it in future cooking through hands on experience.

That being said...

YOU are going to be stoked with this grill compared to the Akorn.  With or without the sloroller or joetisserie...  The Classic 3 is better than the classic 2 or classic 1 just because of the added depth that has been provided in the base section of the grill.  You can get further away from the direct fire if you want to... 

I do like rotisserie cooking, particularly for whole chickens and chicken thighs (I got a basket.  Oh and turkey.  I know some people rave about rib roasts on one and I tried it once, but I prefer reverse sear for large roasts.