Sign in to follow this  
RedDawn289

New owner of a Vision Classic M (Am I the only one?)

With just two of us and already owning a Bradley Smoker and a Weber LNG Grill, I bought the M 4 years ago because it was Early September and the floor model was half price.  About $300 US dollars. From there I ordeed the all in one kit online (has two lava stones, deflector holder, rib rack, etc.). That kit is great because the larger stone and holder work if we move up to a Pro-C or Pro-S.  We will do that.  Probably end season this year. 

Love the M. Sold the Bradley. Still use the gas grill to complement large cooks. 

Get the Nomex gasket for the replacement of the felt gasket.  It’s on Amazon.  Right away.  Mine still seals like it did in 2015.  That allows you to get this over 500 F without worrying about the gasket. 

Watch for for leaks in and around the air intake at the bottom. The M is known to perhaps require a bit of sealing applied after.  

Get a fire brick and have a mason cut it into 4 or 5 equal pieces. Use that to modify heights between things like the deflector and a quality pizza stone.  

You will hold temperature well on these units for low and slow.  Closed bottom and a  very small crack on top on a good bunch of coal allows me to run at about 225 (200 to 250) for eight hours.  

Buy lump coal when when on sale and buy 20 lb bags.  

Enjoy!

Edited by Oilcruzer
Format

On 4/25/2019 at 6:09 AM, Oilcruzer said:

With just two of us and already owning a Bradley Smoker and a Weber LNG Grill, I bought the M 4 years ago because it was Early September and the floor model was half price.  About $300 US dollars. From there I ordeed the all in one kit online (has two lava stones, deflector holder, rib rack, etc.). That kit is great because the larger stone and holder work if we move up to a Pro-C or Pro-S.  We will do that.  Probably end season this year. 

Love the M. Sold the Bradley. Still use the gas grill to complement large cooks. 

Get the Nomex gasket for the replacement of the felt gasket.  It’s on Amazon.  Right away.  Mine still seals like it did in 2015.  That allows you to get this over 500 F without worrying about the gasket. 

Watch for for leaks in and around the air intake at the bottom. The M is known to perhaps require a bit of sealing applied after.  

Get a fire brick and have a mason cut it into 4 or 5 equal pieces. Use that to modify heights between things like the deflector and a quality pizza stone.  

You will hold temperature well on these units for low and slow.  Closed bottom and a  very small crack on top on a good bunch of coal allows me to run at about 225 (200 to 250) for eight hours.  

Buy lump coal when when on sale and buy 20 lb bags.  

Enjoy!

Do you have a picture by chance or could you explain more how you use the fire bricks?  Thank you!