1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

!GrillDeck.jpg

Here's some of my area with some of my grills pulled in for a photo I needed a couple weeks ago... 

is that a PK on the right?

5 minutes ago, prowe said:

is that a PK on the right?

Yes.. the PK360.. not pictured are the Joe Jr and the Ugly Drum Smoker and the Alfa oven.  I am currently without a Big Joe and I may just keep it that way.  I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna get the Big Joe 3 or not.  I prefer cooking on the Classic and I had not fired up my Big Joe 2 for a few months before I donated it to a local high school that formed a new grilling / smoking club.

1 minute ago, John Setzler said:

Yes.. the PK360.. not pictured are the Joe Jr and the Ugly Drum Smoker and the Alfa oven.  I am currently without a Big Joe and I may just keep it that way.  I haven't decided yet if I'm gonna get the Big Joe 3 or not.  I prefer cooking on the Classic and I had not fired up my Big Joe 2 for a few months before I donated it to a local high school that formed a new grilling / smoking club.

I dont know if you have ever reviewed the pk, I will do a search later. but if not I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I find them quite interesting.

19 minutes ago, prowe said:

I dont know if you have ever reviewed the pk, I will do a search later. but if not I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I find them quite interesting.

I  haven'tt done a review.. i did a walkaroudn demo of it right after i got it.. the video is on the man cave meals youtube channel.. don't wanna hijack this thread wtih that.  I love it.  I think it's the best basic charcoal grill money can buy.  I got a deal to good to pass up  on a demo unit.

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

a high school smoking club! 

I don't have a backyard, we rent the upstairs so I can use only one side of the garage. But I may win by grills per square! 

What I take pride in is some of grills are made by me and the rest have accessories I made for. And I power all of them with the TempMaster controller I made. 

The last stove has a hollow wall with holes on the inside. I made it with a paint can and some steel sheet. When the fan is on the stove will run a fire vortex that can heat up a pizza stone over 800 degrees in 15 min. 

IMG_20190510_140736.jpg

IMG_20190510_140210.jpg

IMG_20190510_140150.jpg

IMG_20190510_140040.jpg

IMG_20190510_135810.jpg

56 minutes ago, grill seeker said:

LOL.  My high school smoking club did not involve a grill - although we often got hungry and could have put it to use.  Kidding, of course. 

No you’re not!!!  My high school club was the same.

For those that have a covered patio, does the smoke cause an issue?  I'm looking for ideas to cover an outdoor kitchen/patio and wondered if smoke would bother people or even damage the roof over time. 

1 hour ago, bmartin15 said:

For those that have a covered patio, does the smoke cause an issue?  I'm looking for ideas to cover an outdoor kitchen/patio and wondered if smoke would bother people or even damage the roof over time. 

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Working on plans to cover my patio now. 

1 hour ago, bmartin15 said:

Not really but sometimes. The Smoke over time can discolor the ceiling of your porch. If everything is on casters than you can easily move things out of the way and scrub down the ceiling with a degreaser from time to time. 

Most of the time the smoke just goes up and out. If the wind is not cooperating then the smoke can stay low and blow around in your face. It's really a small price to pay for all weather grilling. 

I also have two ceiling fans. Sometimes I'll reverse the direction pulling the smoke up. It can help if there is no wind but the smoke is just hovering. 

I've been grilling on my covered porch for years now. Weather is never an issue for me - grill on..........