I don’t have an issue. The Kamado doesn’t put out a ton of smoke. Only time I get a lot of smoke is during a burn off. The roof is 8 feet or so from the cooker so a slight breeze is all that is needed to keep any issues from happening. 

38 minutes ago, BrianAZ said:

I don’t have an issue. The Kamado doesn’t put out a ton of smoke. Only time I get a lot of smoke is during a burn off. The roof is 8 feet or so from the cooker so a slight breeze is all that is needed to keep any issues from happening. 

True, especially for "smoking" it's actually a lot less smokey than grilling.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:03 AM, Jose Andres Zapata said:

Looking at the other setups, I am glad I did not leave room for more. I can see it turns into an addiction.

IMG_5261(1).jpeg

Am I the only one who's nervous with the drill hanging off the edge like that?

PK has been around a long time and changed little in appearance. New venting options very solid construction make it a must have if you have the coin. 

Ben in N.C.  

My spot “ain’t all that,” but I can absolutely guarantee that nobody here is happier with their spot than I am with mine. After 3 years of rolling this thing (and 15 years of rolling various other grills & smokers) in & out of the garage at my previous house, as soon as we looked at this house I said to my wife, “The space at the foot of back stairs in MINE!”

28905707-B6CF-4CF1-91DD-F425BDCF721F.thumb.jpeg.4f69760712a8bfc29772ddb993d085c7.jpeg

8BF6D4D1-7CC7-4E21-93C6-3C1E84A8AB17.thumb.jpeg.60ae17e923972e21830dda9628d5ded1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Brick Pig said:

My spot “ain’t all that,” but I can absolutely guarantee that nobody here is happier with their spot than I am with mine. After 3 years of rolling this thing (and 15 years of rolling various other grills & smokers) in & out of the garage at my previous house, as soon as we looked at this house I said to my wife, “The space at the foot of back stairs in MINE!”

28905707-B6CF-4CF1-91DD-F425BDCF721F.thumb.jpeg.4f69760712a8bfc29772ddb993d085c7.jpeg

8BF6D4D1-7CC7-4E21-93C6-3C1E84A8AB17.thumb.jpeg.60ae17e923972e21830dda9628d5ded1.jpeg

I think your spot looks great!

We are looking to downsize in the next year or two, and a spot for my grills is one of the key things we are looking for. Or room to add something if its not already there, my wife is already in favor of whatever I need She enjoys my cooking  :-)

I just bought an offset umbrella for those rainy days, its quite nice.