grill seeker

New Blackstone Griddle Owner

We have a seasonal campsite at LBL (Land between the Lakes), and spend quite a bit of time there (as much as we can).  We are not a fan of cooking inside the camper outside of simple meals for kids.  I do have an outdoor kitchen with a small two burner stove, Weber Kettle Grill, and 22" weber smoky mountain.   I was tired of using the small camper stove in the outdoor kitchen, and set out to get a large two - three burner camp chef stove.  Ran into a few people I knew from the campground, and they steered me towards the Blackstone 36".  I came home and researched for a day, and decided this is something I can no longer live without.  Can't wait to set it up and break it in. 

I'll probably do a few coats of flax seed oil.  I know it's probably overkill on the blackstone, but I bought a few bottles and re-seasoned all of my cast iron (6 coats each, and backed off on the grill), and have a full bottle left.    I was really impressed with the finish it gave the cast iron - almost like a hard glass glaze. But whatever oil I use, it will be followed by a pile of bacon though!

Got the big stainless model.

While we dont use it that often it's great when ya wanna make some Philly Cheese steaks,Smash burgers or breakfast.

Do yourself a favor and get a Crisbee puck. It works great on cast or anything else that needs seasoning.

image.png.f2e58eedd2a7e04e3d71e68806bf7edf.png

1 minute ago, Tex said:

Got the big stainless model.

While we dont use it that often it's great when ya wanna make some Philly Cheese steaks,Smash burgers or breakfast.

Do yourself a favor and get a Crisbee puck. It works great on cast or anything else that needs seasoning.

image.png.f2e58eedd2a7e04e3d71e68806bf7edf.png

I have heard of these but never used it.  I may give it a try. 

I highly recommend them.

You get two pucks for around 9 bucks and you could season the Blackstone a dozen times with em.

Bought a two pack and the stick deodorant type applicator and I've seasoned dozens of pans and the blackstone. 

The Blackstone 36" is our weeknight workhorse here. I am continually amazed how quickly and easily we can cook and plate big family dinners. 

Quesadillas? Fry up all the ingredients and then fill and cook six tortillas at once. Breakfast? Cook ALL of your bacon and then right after cook pancakes or eggs or french toast for 12 with ease. I also got the 22" version with the stand because it is much faster to break down and set up as a "portable" version. 

If something happened to my 36", I would buy another one that day. In fact, I have to prevent myself from even looking at the "Pro" version in our local Walmart now because it has a more rigid cabinet and rear grease trap which would address my only complaints about my current 36". If for some reason a Pro series winds up at home, I will probably remove the legs from my current one and use it as a tabletop setup on the go. 

I have 17, 22,28 and pizza oven it's addictive. 22 is my favorite, but 17 is really my workhorse cooking for two most nights. If I had do over I'd have 3 22inch. I moderate a great group on FB. If you have questions fire away, if I can't answer I can find the answer

Most my friends family get the bs experience they are buying them. Heck most try to take over the griddle lol.

Glad to see more stoners on here

11735.thumb.jpeg.3a0fc0db0ff0b07edcff17a1149c3ebd.jpeg

8 hours ago, ICDEDTURKES said:

I have 17, 22,28 and pizza oven it's addictive. 22 is my favorite, but 17 is really my workhorse cooking for two most nights. If I had do over I'd have 3 22inch. I moderate a great group on FB. If you have questions fire away, if I can't answer I can find the answer

Most my friends family get the bs experience they are buying them. Heck most try to take over the griddle lol.

Glad to see more stoners on here

11735.thumb.jpeg.3a0fc0db0ff0b07edcff17a1149c3ebd.jpeg

I started with a Camp Chef Expedition 3x that includes a two burner griddle for my RV last year. 

It hooked me into cooking on a griddle, so I then bought the 28" for home.  On Prime Day last summer, Amazon put the 36" on sale, so I passed the 28" one down to my son-in-law and stepped up for the 36".  If I still did FB I'd look for that group.  I'm now thinking about adding the Camp Chef Artisan pizza oven to the RV ensemble.  Is that your back yard or do you haul all the gear when you go camping?

Expedition3x.png

2 hours ago, cmiller said:

I started with a Camp Chef Expedition 3x that includes a two burner griddle for my RV last year. 

It hooked me into cooking on a griddle, so I then bought the 28" for home.  On Prime Day last summer, Amazon put the 36" on sale, so I passed the 28" one down to my son-in-law and stepped up for the 36".  If I still did FB I'd look for that group.  I'm now thinking about adding the Camp Chef Artisan pizza oven to the RV ensemble.  Is that your back yard or do you haul all the gear when you go camping?

Expedition3x.png

We camp locally we have so many lil lakes close 5 miles sometimes it will take a couple a trips with the kayaks. Alot of the time we just bring 17 and 22 and cook on tailgate. We keep a tote full of spices, foil, Pam, utensils etc

I was looking at the unit you have at Walmart it's impressive. Blackstone has blown up my fb constantly has people want approval. I think griddles have really caught on. 

Pizza oven is driving me nuts bought last year Haven used