grill seeker

36" Blackstone Stainless for $199

I don't know if any of you have heard of the store Menards or how widespread they are.  But they currently have the blackstone 36" stainless griddle for $199.  I did not order as I had a ton of amazon money from health points and I was also concerned it was the older model with the front grease trap.  But my friend drove to one in southern illinois and picked one up.  It was the rear grease trap modle- so well worth the purchase.  Even if your not near, shipping is $50 - so still cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. 

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/grills-outdoor-cooking/gas-grill/blackstone-reg-36-stainless-steel-griddle/1560/p-1531377040019-c-1460387142867.htm?tid=856354746421701664&ipos=1

On 5/4/2019 at 9:55 PM, grill seeker said:

I don't know if any of you have heard of the store Menards or how widespread they are.  But they currently have the blackstone 36" stainless griddle for $199.  I did not order as I had a ton of amazon money from health points and I was also concerned it was the older model with the front grease trap.  But my friend drove to one in southern illinois and picked one up.  It was the rear grease trap modle- so well worth the purchase.  Even if your not near, shipping is $50 - so still cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. 

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/grills-outdoor-cooking/gas-grill/blackstone-reg-36-stainless-steel-griddle/1560/p-1531377040019-c-1460387142867.htm?tid=856354746421701664&ipos=1

Looks like the sale has ended, but still going for their regular price of 269, which is less than I paid for the non stainless model.

I saw one of these in my Menards recently. If I had a sheltered cooking area and didn’t live in a wind tunnel I would have picked it up. Floated the idea by the husband saying, gosh, they have the stainless Blackstone for a steal.... he didn’t bite or I probably would have bought it anyway - even without a great place for it to live. 

Great deal for those that have a store close by.  I just bought one of these from Ace Hardware two weekends ago for 279 w/ a free cover and thought that was a decent deal.  

I'm going to piggy back off of this.  I was too late for this deal, but Dick's is having a one day deal of $10 off every $50 and a $15 credit to ship oversized items.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/blackstone-36-stainless-steel-griddle-16bksu36nchstnlsscfp/16bksu36nchstnlsscfp?camp=CSE:DSG_92700040964079999_pla_pla-508034318577&gclid=Cj0KCQjww47nBRDlARIsAEJ34blDFs9PCfE0sLEYV8PcZfNOqfEl2kWfabrlHvRtvF3foi04TWkfXbYaAiY6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

$249 ends up being $244 after shipping, before taxes.

On 5/21/2019 at 2:41 PM, wallawu said:

I'm going to piggy back off of this.  I was too late for this deal, but Dick's is having a one day deal of $10 off every $50 and a $15 credit to ship oversized items.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/blackstone-36-stainless-steel-griddle-16bksu36nchstnlsscfp/16bksu36nchstnlsscfp?camp=CSE:DSG_92700040964079999_pla_pla-508034318577&gclid=Cj0KCQjww47nBRDlARIsAEJ34blDFs9PCfE0sLEYV8PcZfNOqfEl2kWfabrlHvRtvF3foi04TWkfXbYaAiY6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

$249 ends up being $244 after shipping, before taxes.

This came in yesterday and is the newer model with the rear drain for those who are interested.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, wallawu said:

This came in yesterday and is the newer model with the rear drain for those who are interested.

Dicks has 20% off a single item now, $210 out the door for me. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, RVA Smoker said:

Dicks has 20% off a single item now, $210 out the door for me. Thanks! 

I already love it.  Done burgers, egg/bacon/ham/cheese breakfast sandwiches, chicken quesadillas, shrimp and steak sopes.  I think what my wife loves about it the most is the fact that all the ingredients are hot when they go together.  No cooking this, then that.  I hope you get a ton of use out of it.  Have fun!

I would assume it would easily.  I think the width is just over 24.5" including the knobs. 

I am loving mine. I have it seasoned perfectly.  Just test this past weekend, I threw a pile of cheese to the side while make quesadillas, and it flipped over like a pancake. 

Thanks.  I've thought for years about buying one.  If I do, I'll keep it in the basement storeroom (without the propane tank) and roll it onto the patio below the deck for use.

EDIT:  What did you use for seasoning?  Is there a need to season the griddle bottom?  Does it rust if you don't?

Edited by pmillen

21 hours ago, pmillen said:

Thanks.  I've thought for years about buying one.  If I do, I'll keep it in the basement storeroom (without the propane tank) and roll it onto the patio below the deck for use.

EDIT:  What did you use for seasoning?  Is there a need to season the griddle bottom?  Does it rust if you don't?

I did not do the bottom just top and inside and outside of edge.  I was going to use Flax as I do on my cast iron, but I have read that with these the high heat can cause that to flake.  I ended up using 4 coats of canoloa (turned up on high), spread it out with a paper towell - I used my heat gloves - wait until it stops smoking (about 10 minutes), then do another coat.  After the 4th coat burned off, I turned it off and applied another thin coat.  Then the next morning I cooked a couple pounds of bacon, and smash burgers that night.  Every time I apply a light coat after cooking.  

I have also found, there is little need to go much above medium on the blackstone,  - unless you are wanting a hard sear - it gets HOT.  Some of the best investments I've made is a real long handled griddle scraper, and the grease cup liners are worth every cent.  

Dick's is running the 20% off online only cyber sale today, July 8th. 

As much as i stated in the "what's cooking for July 4th thread" that I didn't need a 4th grill, I caved in and ordered a 36" griddle.