Classic ii in a tight space

Pcuezze

I’m completely new to Kamado cooking, but I’m ready to take the plunge and the Kamado Classic ii seems perfect. We, essentially, have no yard.  We mow with a weed walker in about 5 minutes.  So the most logical place for it is on side of the front porch where this little railing is.  My thought was to remove the railing and have a custom counter installed with a drop down for the egg.  But, as I look at it, is that just a waste of money?  Should I just buy the cart and be done with it?  Just looking for opinions!  

Also, the wood porch ceiling is only 7.5’.  Should I plan some kind of spark arrestor above ?  I’m not terribly concerned about smoke on the porch, just safety.  TIA for the help!

image.jpg

Welcome Pcuezze.  :welcome:  Carts allow you to move your kamado easily, which can be especially useful should you decide to rearrange or replace patio furniture.

I would not worry about sparks escaping the chimney and ruining that beautiful ceiling.

while I wouldn't worry about sparks and flammable dangers, I would be concerned that the smoke output (over time) would discolour that ceiling you have. Looks beautiful, I wouldn't want you to ruin it. I'd imagine you'd be ok though, if you simply cleaned the ceiling every once in a while?

21 minutes ago, jrakutt said:

while I wouldn't worry about sparks and flammable dangers, I would be concerned that the smoke output (over time) would discolour that ceiling you have. Looks beautiful, I wouldn't want you to ruin it. I'd imagine you'd be ok though, if you simply cleaned the ceiling every once in a while?

There is that.

But that can be remedied with a fan.